Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exhaust Sound

Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exhaust Sound

Okay i have a Tsudo exhaust, it sounded deep before i put my headers on. now it sounds deep then gets extremly high(like a bee) how do i stop it? It does it mostly when i floor it. Also im only running with one O2 sensor, the other one isnt hooked up (wouldnt reach). Could that might be the reason? Just give me some ideas on how to stop it. Also the exhaust and headers flanges dont line up perfectly. I need a flex pipe, could that be it? or would it because i dont have a catalyic converter. Is the thing in the middle of the exhaust the cat? it gets bigger and bulges out where i think it is.

Last edited by StermeR; 10-20-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

757-A_V_8_R has disabled reputation
Default Re: Exhaust Sound

well the O2 sensor isn't goint to affect the sound. But it can have a huge affect on MPG. But the headers are most likely the cause (they are known to change the exhaust note). As far as changing that.....a cat, resonator, glasspack, or resonated test pipe (between the header and muffler) will make the sound more tolerable.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

how many headers you got on that thing? lol
Old 10-21-2006, 09:33 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

i only got one u know what i mean
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

no cat? that'll make it nice & loud

have 1 or 2 resonators welded iin place,
that might deepen the tone or quiet it down a little bit