Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

f-ing seafoam

Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: f-ing seafoam

Pull your spark plugs and look for liquid on them (expect to be changing them pretty soon as well). Also, change your oil. Some people who use Seafoam repeatedly will tell you that changing your oil is not necessary, but since this is the first time youve used it, theres probably gonna be A LOT of crap in it from the cleaning process.

And depending on the motor, I think 1/3rd of a can is more than sufficient for a proper cleaning (through the vac lines). You dont just dump a bottle of SF in, you either atomize it with a spray bottle or let it sip some in from a vacuum line. Once you have that ran through and ok, THEN you put 1/3rd in the tank, again in small doses, and run it for awhile. Once it goes through the cleanup process, the last 1/3rd directly in the oil.

Last edited by White Devil; 02-18-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

IT IS A 16 YEAR OLD CAR. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:01 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK
IT IS A 16 YEAR OLD CAR. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Really guy? really?

Originally Posted by crxmatt
the iacv was on its way out anyway and I cleaned it about 3 times already it was buzzing before I ran it through it, i pulled a p0505 code and is running in an open loop at 1500 rpms and it has a shutter to it when you let off the gas and accelerate, but I still think it was a bad idea to use this, and the reason I believe the valve stem seals went bad is because it has a cloud of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust when it has been sitting for a while, and yes it is risky and defiantly not worth it, Im pissed at myself for doing this lol
ANYWAY, in my personal experience Ive dumped a full can into my gas tank (twice) and half a can into the oil pan (once) of my ranger and have had no problems. Sounds like you need to step your maintance game up grease monkey and invest in actually MAINTANCE.

Last edited by Young L; 02-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt

I used 1/3 of a bottle and ran it thru slower than we usually do it at 3k Rpms and I do not work at fucking grease monkey I have had several Hondas over the years and I was simply asking everyone if they have used sea foam and have had problems, as far as the people who helped thank you, I changed the oil and the plugs and it runs much better I'm gonna grab a iacv and some new o2 sensors, adjust the valves and hopefully she will run better, if anyone has a obd2 2 wire iacv let me know I got cash