Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Fast idle control valve and idle question.

its not ghetto rigging anything..blocking or sealing

if your mani doesnt have a hole for the fitv then block it...

most aftermarket tbs dont have that hole in there anyways..
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 8====D
lol well that doesnt help... I know you have to have alot of air to create that high of an idle. Reason I posted this is because I cant find the problem.

Can a bad throttle body gasket allow for that much air to be taken in?
That would be a pretty big gasket leak. You could have idle regulation problems with a TB gasket leak, but most likely not problems with that high of an idle.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I cant figure this shit out... I mean I have acouple more things im going to try... then im just going to set the car on fire.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Fire and post in eye candy!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt by your sig you want to see a ef sedan in flames
Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Double check the gasket just in case. Also check the coolant temp sensor and see if it reads the right resistance when the engine is cool. I don't know what that value is, but they're in the factory service manual. Some of this may just be down to the manifold and throttle body differences and whether the stock tune will correctly run them. You might want to see if the IACV is actually working. I know you blindly installed a new one, but if your problem is with the ECU or wiring instead, a new IACV won't work any better than the old one.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-24-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

More than likely you have a vacuum leak. Spray carb and choke cleaner around all of the sealing surfaces.

It's possible to fuck the gasket up easy on installation, happens a lot with people who haven't changed many intake manifolds.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Its a Man part.

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?
More than likely you have a vacuum leak. Spray carb and choke cleaner around all of the sealing surfaces.
I wanted to do that... but is it safe to have it idle at 4.5k+ long enough for it to heat up for that to be effective?

How do I check and see if the iac is working? When I unplug it, it doesnt do anything... Also I just found there is a plug similar to the one that plugs into the iac that im not sure where it goes... When I put it on the iac the idle lowers but its sounds like its camming almost... and wont rev up or down. Weird.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 8====D
I doubt by your sig you want to see a ef sedan in flames
Ahhh didnt read your whole op. Nah i wouldnt. Your right your right.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 PM
96civicEK

Trinity001 has disabled reputation

probably dont have your tps installed correctly

Quick Reply: Fast idle control valve and idle question.