Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Its a Man part.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Originally Posted by Trinity001
probably dont have your tps installed correctly
That wouldnt create a 4k+ Idle
Old 04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

im having the same problem with my B20 it just doesnt stay at a constant idle it fluctuates and i cant figure it out to save my life,
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by CarWh0r
im having the same problem with my B20 it just doesnt stay at a constant idle it fluctuates and i cant figure it out to save my life,
i've told you a thousand time... iacv
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
96civicEK

Trinity001 has disabled reputation

it will have that high of an idle...ive done it.. if u have that little plastic piece on the opposite side of the 2 slots it will hold it open, but ok you have the idle prob not me im just trying to help..

Last edited by Trinity001; 04-26-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:50 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Do this:

This is what you need
  1. Can of Carb. Cleaner

Open your hood, then start your car, began to spray around the intake manifold.. Listen to see if the car drops back to normal idle.. If it does, wherever you sprayed is where your leak is.. I can almost gurantee its a leak somewhere.. my B18C did the same thing when I installed my BLOX manifold
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by BoostinRFL
Do this:

This is what you need
  1. Can of Carb. Cleaner

Open your hood, then start your car, began to spray around the intake manifold.. Listen to see if the car drops back to normal idle.. If it does, wherever you sprayed is where your leak is.. I can almost gurantee its a leak somewhere.. my B18C did the same thing when I installed my BLOX manifold
told him this like 2 months ago.

As i told you get a can of brake clean or carb cleaner. Start the car, spray it around the TB and such and listne.

Or just create more post asking people what parts to replace. Start simple, then spend money.

Last edited by JETSWU87; 04-29-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by zc91crx
i've told you a thousand time... iacv
it dont have nothing to do with my IACV cuz ive taken it off and cleaned it thoroughly, when i take my intake off and plug a hole thats in my TB it stops and idles fine, but im just not sure what i have to do to fix that/
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

on the b20 Tb theres a hole for the stock map sensor is that still open because your map is on the firewall................take an updated pic of the entirs engine bay.................has the car ever ran right since beeing dual point??????????
Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by JETSWU87
told him this like 2 months ago.

As i told you get a can of brake clean or carb cleaner. Start the car, spray it around the TB and such and listne.

Or just create more post asking people what parts to replace. Start simple, then spend money.
I told him that shit a long time ago.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Ok ok gesh..... I thought I tried this but I was under the impression that the car had to be hot when this was done and I didnt want to let it idle that high long enough for it to heat up...... My bad I miss understood /thread

Quick Reply: Fast idle control valve and idle question.