Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Few sr20det ???'s

Old 03-22-2006 | 03:55 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all
Default Re: Few sr20det ???'s

Originally Posted by turbo98
Awesome, that's something less to worry about.....what about the head? All I have as far as that goes is Greddy rocker arm stoppers, power enterprise 1.5mm headgasket, and arp headstuds....
why such a thick headgasket? please don't say because you want to lower compression. Rocker arm stoppers are a good investment. If you have the head off, you may as well get some cams ($4/500). Your cam choice will determine if you need valve springs or even a lash killer kit (big cams).

Mech fan should be fine but, get the fan/rad shroud. It makes a big difference.
Old 03-22-2006 | 04:34 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

It's already low compression, don't know why it's so thick....
Old 03-22-2006 | 08:59 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Valve springs and retainers would probably be a better investment than RAS's. It is my understanding that they won't keep your rocker arms from coming off, they'll just made a cool sound when they do.
Old 03-23-2006 | 04:09 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

its difficult to answer your questions, since youre asking the wrong ones. What do you mean how much can the head handle?

my head work reco's:

Jwt S4 cams
Greddy Intake (i cant remember if you had this or not)
1.1 mm cometic headgasket
JWT valve springs retainer package or equivilant.

the better question is, when you upgrade further, are you going to keep your boost settings where they are?
Old 03-23-2006 | 05:11 AM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the head is the only thing holding me up from boosting 2 bar. I do have the greddy(fake) intake manifold and the other things I said, just trying to figure if I should completely do the head or just cams? I like the hks head kit they make that comes with everything needed for like $1k.

My goal with more head work would be to make at least 500whp...after than, imma go with either a cobra maf or ems....
Old 03-23-2006 | 10:19 AM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

from what i know.....
relibly, the z32 maf is only good for 400+allitle, and after a while over that, they start to fuck up,
i also have a cobra maf if your interested.....
Old 03-23-2006 | 03:11 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

Not right now...
Old 03-23-2006 | 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turbo98
Yes, the head is the only thing holding me up from boosting 2 bar. I do have the greddy(fake) intake manifold and the other things I said, just trying to figure if I should completely do the head or just cams? I like the hks head kit they make that comes with everything needed for like $1k.

My goal with more head work would be to make at least 500whp...after than, imma go with either a cobra maf or ems....

nothing is limiting you from running as much boost as you want except your fuel choice. since i'm a standalone man i cant say whether or not your mafs will limit you.

find out what lift in mm the hks cams offer. The JWT's come with a healthy lift for the S4's at 11.5 or 12mm i cant remember. i made shitloads of power on JWT s4's and greddy intake.
Old 03-23-2006 | 04:41 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

yeah, but i need daily reliability. I don't want it dying at redlights or sucking down gas...that's the only reason I'm considering stage 1 or 2 cams...
Old 03-23-2006 | 04:53 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

your options are...
reliable
fast
cheap

pick two........god thats old

Quick Reply: Few sr20det ???'s