Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

flooded civic

Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flooded civic

Attempting to crank the motor after you've suspected flooding is the worst thing you can do. I see you've already inspected for water and found some in the combustion chaimbers, suck as much out as you can(Vacuum pump), and crank the motor over without the plugs in. Leave the plugs attached to the wire and place the electrode near the spark plug port, this will burn the fuel being injected into the combusion chaimber out along with any residual water. This is of course after you check for hydrolock. Good advice guys.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:44 AM
eff'em

CivicGSR00t has disabled reputation

thanx for the advice guys....
the next day i took all my spark plugs out and pulled the fuel pump fuse out and cranked it a lil and a water just squirted out of all cylinders. got new plugs, drained the oil (mixed water, oil, and gas) put new synthetic on, cranked it up again and it ran smooth as it was before.... my interior is still f*cked up thou LOL....
everything in the block and head is forged/performance so thank god it didnt break anything.
anyways... can ya go into more detail what hydrolock is? *just wanna know more about it*

one more thing.... the car runs real good again but when i start the car it dosent quite have the sound that it had before when its crankin,,, ( i hope ya understand what i'm talkin about) could that be the starter?

thanx
CivicGSR00t
Old 12-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Hydrolock is when water is introduced in through the intake and sucked down into the cylinders. Since water is not compressable, when your piston travels up to TDC, the water will prevent it from fully being able to complete its travel to TDC and , in turn, bend your rods and lock up your motor. That is why we gave you the idea of taking out your spark plugs and cranking it over because with the plugs out, the water is now able to escape through the plug holes. This doesnt always work, and most of the time, the engine is damaged. You got lucky my friend. If your car ever stalls like that again, just leave it be, dont continue to crank it in hopes that it will turn over. Congrats on the motor man, sucks about the interior tho. Ill trade you an EF sedan with FULL interior ooooohhhh LOL
Old 12-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it a puddle...or a lake?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:55 PM
eff'em

CivicGSR00t has disabled reputation

LOL... you got jokes lol
No! but im selling my 95 EX, it has the old motor from my 2000, when i pulled it out of my '00 it only had 65k miles. only asking $2,200 lol

thanx for the info

CivicGSR00t