Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

in general, what is the best way to....

Old 03-27-2003, 12:22 PM
no love for hoes...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99slowlst

from what ive heard, youll spend more trying to build an N/A engine than you would with a decent turbo kit...

but everyone has their opinions. id like to hear about the results you get...

Old 03-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

drifter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by reuter
say goodbye to your idle
i think youre wrong on this one. considering he has a honda motor, he would want a VTEC head, and therefore his idle would be fine since the low rpm cam lobes would be fairly mild.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:16 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

get a v8
Old 03-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by socket_
and performance chip

Why get performance chip when someone already names hondata.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:30 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to www.se-r.net click on 200sx and read threw the build up of the SCC 200SX SE-R that Mike Kojima did. Its an awesome series. You will learn alot. Also look at the enginer performance section. You can spend hours and hours on that site learning things. Iv probably read threw that whole site 5 times.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:10 PM

crazychickenhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default umm

i think the guy that said open header is bad is thinking with v8 on the brain.

headers are all you need in back pressure. you will not burn a valve on an *all-motor* honda running open headers. I used to run 12:1cr, to 9000rpms, open header all the time at the track on stock ITR valves. and your times will get better. I used to run 12.5@106 open header, i ran 12.7 with the exhaust on. (2.5" with a test pipe)

and dont knife edge the crank... it doesnt spin through the oil. the better aerodynamics of your crank and the weight savings are so miniscule they will not make a difference. the only thing you'll get from knife edging will be a weaker crank.

Last edited by crazychickenhead; 03-27-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Banned

thelastmirage is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want to get high horse with a NA car go with a quad throttlebody setup with a very good fuel management system. on my 1.8 mirage it was quated a power gain of anywhere from 50% to 75% power increase over stock engine. If you get this you will need aolt of time to fine tune to get max horse.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:57 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

hey thanks for all tha info and help everyone
Old 03-28-2003, 05:05 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by 99slowlst
from what ive heard, youll spend more trying to build an N/A engine than you would with a decent turbo kit..
yeah thats true, but i would like to do a little at a time and plus i want to build the internals so in the future if i decide to do more modding to the engine it will be able to take the extra load. i think if i were to build the engine up, then the more reliable it would be. hehe i think!?! hopefully

i think some people forget to do the obvious to add/restore hp such as a tune up
Old 03-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Well most of you are right on...except for the turbo guy, the NO2 guy, and the guy with the V8 thingy (what the hell was he thinkin!)
But of all the great advise, all of you forgot to memtioned the MOST IMPORTANT thing...

MONEY!!!

But really, real power is very expensive no matter if you are a V8, turboed, or just good ol fashion N/A.
Pick a HP goal, do some homework, talk to some REAL engine builders, then break out the cash.

Quick Reply: in general, what is the best way to....