Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H2o / Hydrogen power

Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUICKVIII has disabled reputation
Default Re: H2o / Hydrogen power

Sorry CHA, No not like a boat. When you run the gas line to the intake use a cyl filled with water to bubble the gas through. If the engine were to backfire the mixture in the line will ignite, as the mixture burns backwards through the line. It will come to the point where it hits the water creating a point where the flame front must stop. (It can't continue to burn through the water) Thus stopping the backfire flame from damaging the electrolizer. LIKE ME!!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by QUICKVIII
Sorry CHA, No not like a boat. When you run the gas line to the intake use a cyl filled with water to bubble the gas through. If the engine were to backfire the mixture in the line will ignite, as the mixture burns backwards through the line. It will come to the point where it hits the water creating a point where the flame front must stop. (It can't continue to burn through the water) Thus stopping the backfire flame from damaging the electrolizer. LIKE ME!!
oh ok gotcha! i know what you are talking about
Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i need to build a booster kit for my truck.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
do what????
External Tank on the shuttle holds Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Hydrogen.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the shuttle explosion, but I am. Thats why I don't want to store Hydrogen and Oxygen under pressure on the vehicle. So you can see why I need to be able to split water at the rate of demand for the engine. If we can solve that problem our oil crissis worries are over. we have every other piece of the puzzle figured out. Only thing left is to split water at the rate of demand. Now Chahonda is going to build a hydrogen booster to help increase his fuel economy. And he will be shocked by how much it helps. But my project delves deeper. I need to use straight tap water in an electrolizer, split it fast enough to be injested in the engine and fast enough to produce 1500 HP or more. My research has mentioned "cracking" water which is supposedly the answer. Problem is the person who claimed to have developed this is now dead. (Under strange circumstances). Two days after his passing someone broke into his workshop and took everything... Research paperwork, working prototypes and the car which was completed and had been demonstrated on TV using his technology.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

If you are referring to the Challenger, as to that could be the only one that exploded(technically the only one to explode also) with the ET connected. Then no, I wasn't even born. I wasn't suggest going that, it's what I thought of when I started reading it, the mixing of chemicals. I was actually watching a video of it earlier. Once that O-Ring on the SRB failed it was all over.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Exacty, the O ring was the problem. But think of this. Lets say we had an external tank filled with water. No chance of explosion, right? Thats my point, we need to use a "safe" fuel and split it as the demand requires. So if there is any expolosion, it will be the small amount of gaseous fuel held in the fuel line between the electrolizer and the intake manifold. How much can that be, in my case maybe a beer cans worth? It would make a hell of a pop, but thats it.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:40 PM
OV-104

I like you're thinking on this. Make a pop and alot of steam, correct? Have you drawn up any schematics of any sort? It'd be really neat to see a visual of it. (I'm kinda vague on an electrolizer)
Old 12-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Technically I'm an idiot for pics, drawings etc on the internet. But everything I have discussed is nothing more than a recreation of what I have found on the internet. Drawings, designs pics can be found everywhere. Do a Google search for Stan Meyer, Browns Gas, Water Car etc..The electrolizer is a simply two anodes submerged in water with a catalyst. 2 volts DC curent is passed between the anodes. The water bubbles, and the resulting gas gererated is Hydrogen and Oxygen. Keeping the electrolizer sealed allows you to bleed off the resulting gas and feed it to the engine. Increasing the surface area of your anodes and using pulsed voltage dramaticly increases the gas output. However this design works well for low demand fuel requirements. My hope is for huge demand load gas production, so I can achieve the required HP I need for the 6 second pass. Please don't think that I am claiming to have developed any of this on my own, everything I have discussed so far has been gleaned from internet research. My hope is to find someone who can give me the key to my final question, splitting water, then I can build the car.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Oh and yes steam / water is the only byproduct of the comustion of Hydrogen and Oxygen. It is self sustaining and regenerating!!

Quick Reply: H2o / Hydrogen power