Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

halos

Old 03-23-2009, 07:01 AM
I <3 My DSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: halos

yes, halos are SUPPOSED to be wired into the parking lights.....FIRST thing you want to do is run a small power source to them to ensure that the halos actually work!!! halos EASILY burn out and normally they do sooner than later, so run a power source to them before you install them....and the parking light wire....find your parking lights, and see the wire, there ya go...just trace it back. your best bet though, is to get the wiring schematics from the book, or go to the dealer and get them...
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

oh, and a SIMPLE GOOGLE search and very first thing i got it this.....your welcome...

http://reviews.ebay.com/Halo-Ring-An...00000001633973
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 AM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

***PLEASE REMEMBER. IF YOU HAVE NO PROIR KNOWLEGDE OF YOUR VEHICLE'S ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OR HAVE NEVER DONE ANY KIND OF MODIFICATION TO YOUR VEHICLES ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND HAVING A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL INSTALL THE LIGHTS FOR YOU. ***
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
I <3 My DSM

and here...again, simple google search...

Halo/LED Headlight Wiring Guide

Q: What are these red/black or white/black wires for?
A: These are the electrical connections for the Halo (Angel Eye) rings and/or LED accessory lighting bulbs.

Q: How do you connect the Halo (Angel Eye) rings and/or LED?
A: There are 2 things required to make the Halos and/or LEDs work.

1. 12v power source
2. Ground

Q: Where is the 12v power source?
A: Any 12v power source can be used. The most common source that most other tuners use is the parking lights. You simply tap the power from the parking lights, and now the Halos and/or LEDs will turn on with the parking lights. However, there are several variations which can allow you to further customize your lighting. The Halos and/or LEDs may be tapped into the turn signals, or can be custom wired to turn on when you flash the high beams, or even wired to a toggle switch inside the car so that they can be turned off and on at your choice. It is completely up to you!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation

thanks i already googled it. and i found one that wasnt helpful and kept lookin. but thanks guys.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered member

here i took some pictures. can someone help me a little bit?like the two red are the power source im guessing the the other is grond. the wires on the parking light arer red green and black. can someone tell me which to hook everything up to? thanks.
Attached Thumbnails halos-wire.jpg   halos-wire-2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

from what i learned in my high school electricity class, green is always ground, and i believe red is coming from the power source, and black is returning it. but that wasn't auto electrical so i could be wrong, so if i am someone please correct me!

and yes, the 2 white wires look like a ground to me, could be wrong though.
dont these things come with installation instructions?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

1. The 2 white wires with the terminal crimped on it most likely your ground. Unbolt a 10mm bolt and put it back with the terminal under it.
2. The two red ones most likely 12+ Power. BUY A TEST LIGHT $5 at the auto parts store. Ground the test light and test the three wires coming from your bulb with the parking lights on and off. See which wire turns the test light on at the same time as the bulb. SPLICE into that wire with the PROPER ELECTRICAL TERMINALS AND ELECTRICAL TAPE.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered member

please help i thinnk i messed up
Old 03-24-2009, 07:06 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

step 1: wire them in series with the starter
step 2: thank me later

Quick Reply: halos