Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help

Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw-m has disabled reputation
Default Re: help

Originally Posted by #1hondafan
hey bro sounds simply like a bent valve, easy way to check that is run a compression test. it will mostly likely take a lil longer to build compression if its even slightly bent. let me know wat u find and well go from there.
+1, i was there. the rad busted and he drove the car till it bogged down and cut off. i put a new rad in it and let it cool down, pulled the stat out and started it up. the tap is coming from the top end not the bottom. the car isnt running rich therefore leading me to beleive that its an exh valve that just got to hot and warped. no oil or water mixed at all. just the taping... pull the head off man and flip it over and look at the valves and whichever one isnt seated flush w the top of the valve seat, pull that bitch out, put a new one in, re-seat it to match the head like i told u and put that beast back together... if ur not confident in changin it out pull the head to me and ill change it out for u----FOR FREE LIKE I SAID. let me know, good luck