Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help... annoying issue

Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: help... annoying issue

Well, when you unplug the TPS, the car goes into limp home mode because the TPS is one of the critical sensors to do speed-density engine management. So running rich, etc., is what it should do because it will be running off of default parameters. Obviously replacing the TPS won't do anything because the TPS is not bad.

The lightened flywheel is amplifying the idle control problems, that's why I asked about it. Lower inertia makes the engine respond faster when the ECU is trying to modulate the idle speed, and higher intertia makes for a more stable but slower to respond engine at idle. There isn't anything wrong with having a lightened flywheel, but it is making things worse. The flywheel won't matter at all once the real problem is solved though, so don't worry about that.

When you unplug the IACV with the engine running, does anything change? Really the easiest thing to do is grab a factory service manual for that car, the troubleshooting instructions are great in Honda manuals. You should really be checking these sensors instead of blindly replacing them, because you're just wasting time and money if you aren't sure they're actually bad.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

SYCKDC23 has disabled reputation

honestly, I dont have time to unplug the iacv before the car cuts off lol. How would I fix or adjust timing. the guy who put the motor in said the timing was on just right but... I dunno, this really sucks
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

whats your location? OF COURSE the guy who put in the motor WOULD say that the timing is perfect.....but....it NEEDS to be rechecked...if your in va beach area...i have a timing light...and....spare time....so....see where im goin with this...
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Im in fredericksburg, but once I get new tires on my car, im going down to hampton to see my friend at air force base and we always go to va beach... so maybe sometime soon
Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

okay so today I unplugged the iacv plug and the car cut off completly. not idle at all... plugged it back up, and it would idle for a few then cut off. I took off the iacv and cleaned it and got everything out, now whenever im not giving it gas the car cuts off. I come to a light, it doesnt even try to idle, just cuts off and I have to pump the gas for it to start back up... before it cuts off once again.... bad iacv? Someone help me, im tired of this shit
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Old 06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

ahh hey bro do this for me, take your intake off, stick your finger over the bottom hole on the TB and tell me what happens
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by SYCKDC23
okay so today I unplugged the iacv plug and the car cut off completly. not idle at all... plugged it back up, and it would idle for a few then cut off. I took off the iacv and cleaned it and got everything out, now whenever im not giving it gas the car cuts off. I come to a light, it doesnt even try to idle, just cuts off and I have to pump the gas for it to start back up... before it cuts off once again.... bad iacv? Someone help me, im tired of this shit
This is very good information. All of that says that the IACV is working properly and you have a sensor problem, probably MAP or TPS.

Try resetting the ECU, because that could clear up some minor issues. It won't solve your problem, but it will get you back to baseline after cleaning your IACV.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

i replaced the tps sensor... thing that pisses me off is I turn my AC on and the car runs PERFECT!

and also. I took my intake off and looked for that hole i didnt see it. where exactly is it?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

where exactly is that hole on the throttle body located. I dont see it nor can i find it?

Quick Reply: help... annoying issue