Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help on front mount intercooler for my 92 dodge spirit r/t

Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85_JSTANG has disabled reputation
Default help on front mount intercooler for my 92 dodge spirit r/t

jus bougt a spirit and the intercooler is ran all crazy, i dont know what the guy was doing, does anyone know how to run it on this car. if u dont know, on the spirits the turbo ismounted on the back of the engine towards the firewall, anyone have and info on running an intercooler to this car let me know asap. i should have some pics up real soon.

thanks
-JT
Old 06-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help on front mount intercooler for my 92 dodge spirit r/t

thats the 16 valve engine right? just rout it any way that looks clear. post some pics!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

i belive so, its the 2.2 turbo (135cid) DOHC.

ie got a guy that works wit turbos that helpin me fix her up, i kno we can find a way to route it but i was looking for someone that already has to try and find the best way.

shes an eye sore, spraybombed black, interior is in rough shape but i got her for pretty much FREE and thats a good deal anyday. ill try and post engnie pics tomorrow here are some from the exterior.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

thoise cars are rares as fuck, definately a good score! take your time with it replacement engine parts wont come cheap!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

they were rare for a reason, THEY ARE UGLY AS SIN...(but i would rock the hell out of it..lol ) but that COULD be sleeper 101 right there...
Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

haha yeah they are rare, thats why i jumped on it. to be honest, pretty much stole it. guy was moving and couldnt take it with him, i picked it up today and he was movin tonight, he was going to have to junk it. so i traded him my lanzar 2400wat amp and pyle 15" sub for it. so yeah like i said, ALMOST FREE! its not a TRUE r/t. its a es body with an r/t engine and tranny. the guy upgraded to a t3 turbo and he said he put on a holly throttle body. the interior isnt in good shape but im thinkin of removing the back seats (keeping them) for less weight. the only weighed approx 2800lbs from the factory, the ac compressor has already been deleted.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

sorry, correction, 2.5 turbo SOHC.

we had to replace the starter, ignition coil (probly didnt have to) new plugs and distributer cap (and adjust it) and she fired up. the guy who sold it said he was told it was a fuelpump, well sure enough he was lied to, fuel pump was perfectly fine.

ill post engine pics soon

-he had the intake going directly to the IC. dont ask me, its how i got it.

Last edited by 85_JSTANG; 06-07-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: pics
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

intake mani and exhaust on the same side of the motor haha niiiice. i bet the turbo keeps the intake manifodl nice a toasty
Old 06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

need to set up the intercooler to help cool things down, i havent read anything off and threads about a hat issue but the front mount will add good power.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

well my friend, on a car that normally doesnt see any attention, this is where function over form comes to play! just make shit work, then try to fine tune it and get it the way you like it

Quick Reply: help on front mount intercooler for my 92 dodge spirit r/t