Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help please

Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bri_ON has disabled reputation
Default Re: help please

theres oil in the car.... im not stupid.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

both of your answers are premature. I think wires under the dash getting pulled on is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. 1 you would feel it, 2 if a wire in the ignition harness was low enough to a pedal to get pulled (never happen), it would rip out/cut and the car wouldnt start again.

the idle is dropping to low to fast, it could be a million things, but the op needs to provide more info and maybe even try opening a hood and looking at the car instead of thinking we can answer a problem with no info and telepathy.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by bri_ON
theres oil in the car.... im not stupid.
check anythiong else? MORE INFO.

Will it idle. All fluids good. Throttle body and iac working good. Engine lights. Mods. Any work done recently. There is something your not telling us that will give us the answer, we cant look at it for you from the keyboard, you have to help a little....damn.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
both of your answers are premature. I think wires under the dash getting pulled on is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. .
you obviously have never worked on cars after people like best buy and circuit city install alarms and pull and zip tie the big ass alarm brain to all the wires under the dash...

and yes ive seen it to where it will pull enough to cut off then restart like nothings wrong...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

oh and he just bought it not too long ago, i always keep up on my tegg so nothing like that ever occurs to me.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

oh sorry man, yea all the fluids are straight. the car only dies if you hold the clutch in... it idles normal.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Double Agent HT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
you obviously have never worked on cars after people like best buy and circuit city install alarms and pull and zip tie the big ass alarm brain to all the wires under the dash...

and yes ive seen it to where it will pull enough to cut off then restart like nothings wrong...
HAHAHA! Yes as a matter of fact I have. No one said aftermarket alarm was in there, still. If that is the case it may be an option, but you would FELL IT! Tell me what wire can short out and cause the car to cut off while running, and then be able to restart

PLEASE tell me this. Teach me please.......
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Double Agent HT

Originally Posted by bri_ON
oh sorry man, yea all the fluids are straight. the car only dies if you hold the clutch in... it idles normal.
more answers, good. Engine, mods, year.....
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

ive sen it on the ignition switch...the electrical side...they are held on with a tiny phillips...when the wires are pulled it pulls the contacts away from the tumblers and switch...car cuts off...wires are loosened and it touches the terminals again and starts....

there you have been taught something....and no im not being a smartass.....my miata had this problem...took me hours to find it also...it was catching on the brake pedal....
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

1997 honda prelude sh with the stock h22