Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help With Turbo

Old 02-22-2007 | 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help With Turbo

ok i have an extra flange on my header. what is that for?
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:13 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

i think if you just let someone else do it you'll never learn. you should just do ALOT of research until you think your comfortable of doing it your self, then you will appreciate your car alot more, IMO
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:53 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
just to let you know that is a 50mm blitz style BOV. where would that go?
Not to burst your bubble, but thats a Tial style bov. Blitz looks completely different. It would go on the charge pipe that goes from the throttle body to the intercooler.
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

sorry im really new to turbos
Old 02-22-2007 | 10:56 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Its ok. We were all new to the game at one point. Just get ready to spend some money. I agree with the rest, get someone who knows what there doing to help, or a shop. Motors aren't cheap to replace.
Old 02-22-2007 | 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Ya i hear that
Old 02-23-2007 | 08:51 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by accordin 2 me
.....downpipe connects to the turbo, not the manifold. the turbo bolts to the manifold then the downpipe bolts to the turbo.
oh shits, dunno why i said that. if the downpipe went straight to the manifold, it'd be the same thing as headers/exhaust.

Last edited by DickButt; 02-23-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2007 | 08:54 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

i know this is a honda website but maybe it can help you some.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:16 PM
Registered Member

will_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't recommend using a Tial BOV on a DSM unless you're using some sort of engine management. They work better with a stock style (GReddy) that fits the stock location.
A few DSM sites:
www.machv.com
www.roadraceengineering.com
www.buschurracing.com

The middle one has a "tech" section if I remember right, it's been a while.
Good luck with your set-up.