Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hey Prelude people

Old 08-22-2003, 04:28 AM
Biding time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts
Default Hey Prelude people

A buddy of mine has a 4th gen prelude that he would like to get a few parts for.
Not sure of the motor, but I do know it isnt VTEC.

So if anyone could help me out with a few good (read: price) sites to buy parts from.
Im sure he will just stick to the basic bolt on's and he says he may want a body kit, but I will be dammed if I let him get something tacky.

Any suggestions/advice is also welcome as far as what exhaust will not sound too ricey, which CAI works the best, etc.

Thanks for any helpful info.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:35 AM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

jdm h22 swap.

and some forced induction.

all done. goodnight.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:56 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

hes probably talking about the h23 which is the motor in Prelude Si's and Special Editions. Theyre around 160 hp & 155 ft/lbs tq. I used an Iceman CAI on mine and it performed just fine. I also went with a DC Sports 4-2-1 header which helped out some. I took my cat off and felt I lost overall power and got/have a disgusting exhaust note so I wouldn't suggest that unless youre going FI. The h23 responds to nitrous well too. I sprayed about 3 bottles on mine and the plugs (stock spec gap) were not lean looking and the car checked out just fine on a compression test. A 75 shot bolt-on h23 should be good for a high 13. If he does spray it, it'd be best to upgrade the fuel system just a little bit though. ummm tell him not to pull his back seat it's not worth it and is a fuckin bitch to get back in right. i made that mistake.

that about sums up what i know
Old 08-22-2003, 04:57 AM
~

www.honda-tech.com is a good place for articles and they have a nice for sale section too. www.preludeonline.com is another good board. tell him to buy all his stuff used its not worth the dough to buy new stuff.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by 99slowlst
jdm h22 swap.

and some forced induction.

all done. goodnight.
Ok, well he may get to that point eventually once he gets into modding, but like I said, right now this guy is only interested in the basics.

*edit - thanks for the info reuter.
Any exhaust systems/brands out there to look out for that will sound decent as opposed to any others?

Last edited by montman; 08-22-2003 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:06 AM
~

hmm heres what id do if i were him (in this order):

- plugs/wires/cap/rotor and general maintenance (~$150)
- CAI & Bypass valve (AEM or Iceman) (~$100 used / $200 new)
- ECU Upgrade (Venom, Jet etc) (~$150 used / $300 new)
- Header/Exhaust (~$300 used / $800 new)
- Eibach Sportlines ($225 new)
- Ported TB ($200 new / $50 machine shop)

then split off to either nitrous ($600) or a head package ($1500) from there. a new clutch will probably need to be put in somewhere too.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by reuter
www.honda-tech.com
Tell him to save his money on performance engine parts until he gets an H22.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:29 AM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

uhm... i agree with the first some.

cai is fine
ANY header on a h23 is better than the steal one. DC<Greddy
i recommend the Apexi or Greddy for the prelude for exhuast(unless you can find an RSR*).
i dont recommend the Sportlines, they sag, ive had them on 2 cars.
ported TB is almost a waste of money on a h23, given the basic bolt ons he's gonna have.

i/h/e is always the best start i guess for "performance"

for a free mod, if its the h23. disconnect the vaccume plug on the flapper valves on the intake runners.. they arnt needed on a h23 but are left over from the h22 and vtec, they open at 4300 rpms.. its the same dual intake plenum and runners from the h22.

thats all for now, im hungover.

oh ya, the Jet upgrade is kinda a waste of money as well. from my experience. some might have posted gains but over all on preludeonline.com from my readiings, nobody gained shit from it. cuse the h23 isnt meant to rev to the sky like most the chips do... eggs the rods and ends up getting crank damage and all sorts of bs.

Last edited by Crate; 08-22-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:41 AM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if it is too smart to go into a CAI without knowing too much about the consequences though....water injestion will kill you...i sucked in water twice and didnt throw anything...just needed new tranny oil and engine oil, but around here it rains like a biotch, and even iof u have splash guard and a bypass valve, if u run over some deep water, it wont matter, youll be screwed...just tell your fiend to be careful...
Old 08-23-2003, 07:25 AM
~

bypass valve or dont run it underneath the car if youre that concerned. i have a gravel driveway (dust++) so i keep my filter inside the engine bay. i ran it underneath the car one day and felt no difference. maybe if you cut away the entire airbox it might be different but that is just dumb.

Quick Reply: Hey Prelude people