Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

high comp boost

Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
TurboPipingSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: high comp boost

I've done it... I boosted a JDM ITR motor at 9 psi daily without any issues a while back. I made something like 309 whp and 207 tq. The key is tuning. Dont expect a lot of torque. Get a stand alone system or a minimum of Hondata/Neptune. Mine was tuned by Shad. I ran this set-up for a while. My tranny was actually the one that gave up. Motor was fine. Use high octane fuel.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned

-The transmission is a JDM SiR cable trans.
-The head is put together with InlinePro dual valve springs and titanium retainers. The valves are brand new Honda OEM valves, and I just had the head resurfaced before re-installing, as well as having had all the valve seals and guides replaced with OEM Honda parts.
-The bottom end is built using CTR replica 12:1 compression high-rise pistons, with shot-peened rods, ACL race bearings, and a knife-edged and re-balanced crank.
-It currently has Buddy Club cam gears bolted on to GSR cams.

I was going to get new cams and it is tuned on chrome right now.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:00 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by steggun revned
-The transmission is a JDM SiR cable trans.
-The head is put together with InlinePro dual valve springs and titanium retainers. The valves are brand new Honda OEM valves, and I just had the head resurfaced before re-installing, as well as having had all the valve seals and guides replaced with OEM Honda parts.
-The bottom end is built using CTR replica 12:1 compression high-rise pistons, with shot-peened rods, ACL race bearings, and a knife-edged and re-balanced crank.
-It currently has Buddy Club cam gears bolted on to GSR cams.

I was going to get new cams and it is tuned on chrome right now.
im pretty sure with those ctr pistons you wont have much of a cam choice. the tops of those pistons are tall as shit. how much was taken off the head when you had it resufaced? I know when I had a b16 with ctr pistons ramey told me id have to be careful with cam choice because of piston to valve contact.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned steggun revned

Not sure about the head traded my coupe for this car and do not want all motor so as I am building the low comp bottom end I was looking to mess around with a boosted high comp motor and thanks for your help ^ what cams would you reccommend if I kept it at all motor?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

I had a b16a2 with ctr pistons, itr cams, springs and retainers and a type r header and made pretty good power. you just need a good tuner. if you want boost just swap out your bottom end or get a new set of pistons.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are funny...what do you think a lot of these high whp fwd drag cars run? High comp and a shit ton of boost.

Tune tune tune.

Wouldn't bother unless your 12:1 is forged though.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

fuck it it will work. Go with some skunk stage 3's. But as posted before film this shit when you start it and post it on here.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Mindless
You guys are funny...what do you think a lot of these high whp fwd drag cars run? High comp and a shit ton of boost.

Tune tune tune.

Wouldn't bother unless your 12:1 is forged though.
\

Are you serious............? I am sure you are not trying to compare apples to oranges....are you?

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 02-04-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jebsurf
\

Are you serious............? I am sure you are not trying to compare apples to oranges....are you?
I'll be a little more clear.

High comp + boost = badass

It can be done.
It is done all the time.
The tune is the key.

That's the only point I was trying to make. I was not trying to compare his build to a SFWD buid.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

at 10 pounds your motor would do this.

Quick Reply: high comp boost