Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda Help Please!!!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Honda Help Please!!!!!

The fast idle is attached to the bottom of the throttle body (if it's obd 1). That doesn't come loose by changing the intake manifold. And if you just unplugged your tps then clearing the ecu like I said resets everything. Make sure all your plugs are plugged up to the right sensors, the evaporater purge valve and the IAC both have the same plug. The MAP and TPS sensors have the same style plug. I'll get back to you on that IAC.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:30 PM

sohcvtec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thebettersol
The fast idle is attached to the bottom of the throttle body (if it's obd 1). That doesn't come loose by changing the intake manifold. And if you just unplugged your tps then clearing the ecu like I said resets everything. Make sure all your plugs are plugged up to the right sensors, the evaporater purge valve and the IAC both have the same plug. The MAP and TPS sensors have the same style plug. I'll get back to you on that IAC.
yeah i checked the purge valve and the iac and they are plugged in the right spot. the only thing that is throwing me off is when you said the MAP sensor. honestly i dont think i have a map sensor plug/harness (maybe im just too SLOW). that doesnt ring a bell. i do know that the tps is the more rounder plug but i dont remember any other than the tps, iac and purge valve. i do know that my aic is the wrong one.....which controls my idling. also i do know that i have 2 vaccum hoses not connected but one is off the plenum to the fuel rail another is off the plenum itself leading to...........I DONT KNOW! it has been too long since ive looked at it. i really appreciate your help.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

Too bad you are at the beach or I would look at it for you, isn't there anyone over there that you know can look at it for you? I don't know too many ppl over on that side of the tunnel. Anyway I didn't see an extra IAC but you can probably go to U-wrench-it and grab one from there. Your map sensor is on the top of the OBD1 t-body. All I can say is get another IAC, hook all the vacuum lines up, clear the ecu and start it and see what happens. Also just so you know, the MAP,TPS, and IAC all work together. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:14 PM

Too bad you are at the beach or I would look at it for you, isn't there anyone over there that you know can look at it for you? I don't know too many ppl over on that side of the tunnel. Anyway I didn't see an extra IAC but you can probably go to U-wrench-it and grab one from there. Your map sensor is on the top of the OBD1 t-body. All I can say is get another IAC, hook all the vacuum lines up, clear the ecu and start it and see what happens. Also just so you know, the MAP,TPS, and IAC all work together. Good luck.
thanks man! naw, everybody that i used to roll with either went luxury or they moved or just slipped out of contact. so im sorta dead in the water. ill just study my chiltons/haynes like its my Bible till i get it right. I mean its not like this is my daily dirver i just wanted to get it runnin' before its gets ballz-cold outside. you know what i mean. thanks though! so any obd1 will work or what?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

Originally Posted by sohcvtec
thanks man! naw, everybody that i used to roll with either went luxury or they moved or just slipped out of contact. so im sorta dead in the water. ill just study my chiltons/haynes like its my Bible till i get it right. I mean its not like this is my daily dirver i just wanted to get it runnin' before its gets ballz-cold outside. you know what i mean. thanks though! so any obd1 will work or what?
Yeah go with a obd 1 just to be safe. I'll check again becuase I used to have alot of extra odds and ends. I'll pm you and let you know.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:26 PM

Yeah go with a obd 1 just to be safe. I'll check again becuase I used to have alot of extra odds and ends. I'll pm you and let you know.

yeah.....would you happen to know if a d15b7 iac would work? i have a guy said hell give me the whole manifold and tb with all sensors for $5.00
Old 10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

yes it should. Just take the one you have now and hold it up to the one he has to see if they are different. They should be the same.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:31 PM

yes it should. Just take the one you have now and hold it up to the one he has to see if they are different. They should be the same.
thanks again
Old 10-04-2004, 08:07 PM

StpH8n is an unknown quantity at this point

by the way i also just pulled my tps off and it now idles at 3000 rpms. do you know anybody who has a d16y8 iac?
Coulda swore he said he removed it............ and if had removed it then he would have to re-set it to the correct voltage.

But anyways, any d series iac should work. As long as the bolt holes line up to your IM. The differences may be in the collant line connections to the IAC. But that wont matter either. You may have to get creative with how you run the lines to the IAC if the connections are different but as long as you have one line from the fast idle valve to the iac and then from the iac to the thermostat you should be gravy.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:00 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

Originally Posted by StpH8n
Coulda swore he said he removed it............ and if had removed it then he would have to re-set it to the correct voltage.
My bad i must have passed over that

Quick Reply: Honda Help Please!!!!!