Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Honda question

Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default Re: Honda question

After I did your swap I found out where that hose went by looking at my car... lol Did you ever replace those outer tie-rods? Hows everything runnin?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:53 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

[QUOTE=accordin 2 me]
Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
gsrhatchman did my swap with no problems at all, so im guessin he knows his hondas, not saying that you dont but i can vouch for him...even tho he did mix up a hose to my heater core but i fixed it and hes a cool guy overall, drove like almost an hour to do my swap for a VERY VERY good price
chris(non-vtecblah blah) did my swap and its a very nice set-up. he's also been able to help me through some shit, he knows what hes talkin about.

but this guy.
Actually,

I have learned to read. I said i Saw a HONDA motor with Flat top pistons. Dont make me go rip apart a motor that i know has a flat top piston and post a pic up on dragva....

and then you will look stupid
your lost bro, i seriously dont doubt you saw a HONDA motor with flat topped pistons, they were just aftermarket. if you actually pull a d-series apart you'd know the pistons go down slightly man...THEY GO DOWN, NOT FLAT.

_ _
l `------' l
l l
l O l
----------- <---lol kinda like that. excuse my keyboard art it isnt the best but i deffinitly know what they look like.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=j4k3]
Originally Posted by accordin 2 me

your lost bro, i seriously dont doubt you saw a HONDA motor with flat topped pistons, they were just aftermarket. if you actually pull a d-series apart you'd know the pistons go down slightly man...THEY GO DOWN, NOT FLAT.

_ _
l `------' l
l l
l O l
----------- <---lol kinda like that. excuse my keyboard art it isnt the best but i deffinitly know what they look like.
Piston's can be flat tops with Valve Releases. and i highly doubt the motor i saw had aftermarket pistons in it...i forget the engine code..but i will find it
Old 02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
holla

holy shit my computer froze when i posted that fucked up "piston".

but dude why would a stock motor have different pistons. i've been through two d-series motors taking them apart compleltely and neither were the same kind and both had negitive sloped piston tops
Old 02-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by j4k3
holy shit my computer froze when i posted that fucked up "piston".

but dude why would a stock motor have different pistons. i've been through two d-series motors taking them apart compleltely and neither were the same kind and both had negitive sloped piston tops

I've taken apart quite a few motors....honda's at that...and the pistons seemed to be flat top...with valve releases....well im taking my head off this weekend so ill see what's up

hows that crx you bought recently?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:34 PM
holla

I've taken apart quite a few motors....honda's at that...and the pistons seemed to be flat top...with valve releases....well im taking my head off this weekend so ill see what's up

hows that crx you bought recently?
the one i bought last year?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

the one i bought last year?

oh i thought you just got the red one from non-vtec power ????
Old 02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
holla

yea, like last year. it runs like shit, its un-tuned. but its soon to be a stand baby for building
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned

yea, like last year. it runs like shit, its un-tuned. but its soon to be a stand baby for building

Oh lol

cuase i remember he tried selling it to me when i had my ef in december when i was looking for a crx. either him or you..cant remember haha.....my motor will be on a stand sometime as well
Old 02-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Originally Posted by accordin 2 me

_ _
l `------' l
l l
l O l
Maybe the pistons he saw were aftermarket...

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
d series pistons are not flat tops. They have 4 notches on the top of each one. But I dont see how you can tell that by just pulling the spark plugs...
Originally Posted by non-vtecpower
...wow

D16a6 has a -3.40 Dome Displacement

D16z6 has a -10.10

D16y8 has a -6.20

They are low compression pistons, And are flat at the top.. Just with a negative dome

I dont know if that tells you anything but im guessing you have no real knowledge of what you are talking about..Also The 4 "notches" on the top of each piston are valve reliefs cut into the piston.
You just told me I have no knowledge of what I am talking about and yet you confirm that I am correct. I said, "D series pistons are not flat." PERIOD, that means you end one sentence and start another. In my next sentance I stated that, "Stock honda pistons have 4 "notches" in them." The signifigance of this statement is that if those notches are not there then it is an aftermarket piston. I was not incorrect in what I said by any means...

Also about the 4 "notches" being vavle reliefs; no shit shirlock! But I know that not everybody knows every detail about engines, nor are they expected to! When I am explaining things I dont use a lot of the terminology because plain and simple, valve reliefs are notches. Using uncommon terminology just confuses people which is not what I am here to do. I really dont know why there is some kind of debate going on about pistons or about who knows more than the other about hondas. This is pointless...

Quick Reply: Honda question