Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

honda trans oil?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaggy240sx has disabled reputation
Default honda trans oil?

okay, everyone knows that you can pick up power by using the right oils, such as royal purple for instance. i know that some cars need specific oils though, such as the zx2 needing atf in the manual trans. while looking for an increase of power, what kind of gear oil should i use? can i use a synthetic, a mix, or can i go as far as to use some stuff like trick shift? i have a h22a1
m4b7 trans. thanks!
Shaggy
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: honda trans oil?

Originally Posted by shaggy240sx
okay, everyone knows that you can pick up power by using the right oils, such as royal purple for instance. i know that some cars need specific oils though, such as the zx2 needing atf in the manual trans. while looking for an increase of power, what kind of gear oil should i use? can i use a synthetic, a mix, or can i go as far as to use some stuff like trick shift? i have a h22a1
m4b7 trans. thanks!
Shaggy

Go with either Honda Manual Transmission Fluid found in the Honda Parts department or GM Syncromesh found in most General Motor dealerships.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

I've heard good things about Syncromesh especially towards cars that have grinding issues.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I've heard good things about Syncromesh especially towards cars that have grinding issues.
Yup. I used it on my last two cars.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

but what about the best to reduce frictional loss while still maintaining lubricity?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Registered member

but what about the best to reduce frictional loss while still maintaining lubricity?
Honestly. You don't really have to worry about all that. Just choose one of the two I recommended and you will have no problems at all.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just switched from GM Syncromesh to Amsoil syncromesh. The Amsoil is full synthetic and is designed for brass syncros. The GM syncromesh has sulfates which eat away at the brass.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Iceman05
i just switched from GM Syncromesh to Amsoil syncromesh. The Amsoil is full synthetic and is designed for brass syncros. The GM syncromesh has sulfates which eat away at the brass.
I learn something new everyday.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Well thanks for the interest. I appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Thats how the zx2 trans was, if you used anything other than specified, the acids would eat away at the synchros.

Quick Reply: honda trans oil?