Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HONDA WONT BUILD BOOST PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: HONDA WONT BUILD BOOST PLEASE HELP!!!

He made a thread a longg time ago about boosting his car. Fucking fail
Old 08-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

aa4baseball has disabled reputation

I covered them with header epoxy but it burnt off. But while it was on it still didnt build. They are literally 2 tiny pinholes. And yes i have a resistor box wired in. Also, sorry about this being the wrong section. I was unaware. I will move where my boost gauge is connected. Even though it appears to me all the vacuum lines seem to meet one way or the other.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

The line is fine, the pinholes (while very stupid) aren't causing the issue. Is your wastegate tapped in properly? Is your wastegate working? Do you have a hole in your intercooler piping? Is your blowoff valve leaking? Is your blowoff valve seated? I mean it could be a multitude of things. If you are putting "header epoxy" on a turbo manifold and expecting it to be okay, i would recommend taking it to someone who knows what the fuck they are doing.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JStab
The line is fine, the pinholes (while very stupid) aren't causing the issue. Is your wastegate tapped in properly? Is your wastegate working? Do you have a hole in your intercooler piping? Is your blowoff valve leaking? Is your blowoff valve seated? I mean it could be a multitude of things. If you are putting "header epoxy" on a turbo manifold and expecting it to be okay, i would recommend taking it to someone who knows what the fuck they are doing.
Ding ding.

OP,like i said post pictures of what your working with.I'm willing to bet your issue is a part installed incorrectly.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JStab
Thank you, ive been to multiple shops including wallace automotive. All agree it is a bizarre problem. I stated that I checked wastegate actuator, I used a compressor and blew into vacuum hose until it lifted. It would lift right around 10psi. I used soapy water and went all around the ic piping and checked all couplers. there are no leaks in piping. yes bov is seated and unless there is an o-ring or seal broken somewhere i dont know of everything should be okay with that.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by aa4baseball
Thank you, ive been to multiple shops including wallace automotive. All agree it is a bizarre problem. I stated that I checked wastegate actuator, I used a compressor and blew into vacuum hose until it lifted. It would lift right around 10psi. I used soapy water and went all around the ic piping and checked all couplers. there are no leaks in piping. yes bov is seated and unless there is an o-ring or seal broken somewhere i dont know of everything should be okay with that.
POST FUCKING PICTURES.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

Is your boost gauge working correctly? Have you checked for boost leaks with compressed air?

You're using a JDM Sport turbo. that might be your problem.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DURHUR
POST FUCKING PICTURES.
Sorry Sir, I dont have a digital camera and my phone got run over and the camera is one of the things no longer working on it. However; I can assure everyone that everything is installed correctly. Not only am I not but so ignorant, but neither are the multiple mechanics that have helped me through this project. IT IS NOT AN OBVIOUS VISIBLE FIX. Thank you
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Chris28
Is your boost gauge working correctly? Have you checked for boost leaks with compressed air?

You're using a JDM Sport turbo. that might be your problem.
I believe it is working correctly.. I have came to the conclusion that i will replace my wastegate and go from there
Old 08-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Beach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBeach Goat has a reputation beyond repute

"I need help! I can't find out why my blah won't blah blah blah"

"Something might be wrong. Take pictures."

"Everything is installed right, thanks but fuck off"

Quick Reply: HONDA WONT BUILD BOOST PLEASE HELP!!!