Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hondata or what?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
Crv-tec ??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK
Default Re: Hondata or what?

Originally Posted by Jarrod

And no offense to the orignal poster, but I wouldn't pay more than 500 bucks for tuning software to run 13s.
I agree with that too I just want to make sure my car is going to be reliable. Becuase if i do go with hondata i can get the s200 for i think @300. How many people around here even tune hondata? I have a couple people that said they tune crome (one pm and then soch_... both said they could do it)
Old 10-25-2006, 07:11 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

hondata ftw.

Shad at accuracy tunes... at least I think he still does. He'll be tuning my
s300.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:35 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

If you plan on getting serious about tuning and running the car the S200 system would be perfect, you get Hondata's R&D and support along with datalogging and many other now standard options. The S300 is overkill for your build. The S100 would be the most cost effective.

Since tuning is what really matters.. take it to someone who knows

Chrome is user-friendly and you tune your car yourself.. but if you are asking simple questions like these you might want to fork over the cash for someone to do it for you and for you to LEARN something from them

$0.02
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Crv-tec ??

Originally Posted by Enigma
If you plan on getting serious about tuning and running the car the S200 system would be perfect, you get Hondata's R&D and support along with datalogging and many other now standard options. The S300 is overkill for your build. The S100 would be the most cost effective.

Since tuning is what really matters.. take it to someone who knows

Chrome is user-friendly and you tune your car yourself.. but if you are asking simple questions like these you might want to fork over the cash for someone to do it for you and for you to LEARN something from them

$0.02

In all honesty i agree with you on that... alot of people would take that offensively but I know how important the tuning part is and I have to much money into the parts to not take care of them. I dont know anything about tuning that is why im asking what i should use and who should i go to to get it tuned.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by BOOSTED-EK
In all honesty i agree with you on that... alot of people would take that offensively but I know how important the tuning part is and I have to much money into the parts to not take care of them. I dont know anything about tuning that is why im asking what i should use and who should i go to to get it tuned.
I've always heard wonderful things from Shad @ Accuracy Automotive.. although I have yet to go myself (still assembling build), I will search him out or the next best for my tune(s).

You are right, there is alot of money tied up in these things.. the worst thing to do is get a bad tune and it run for <25K miles before POP!

Take time to learn then go off and do your thing

$0.02
Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I definitely think you get what you pay for. HOWEVER I had Hondata S200B, and took it out becuase Dyno Inc. doesn't tune Hondata. I made over 600hp on Crome, and it runs great, no issues. It's much more the Tuner than the software.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Enigma
I've always heard wonderful things from Shad @ Accuracy Automotive.. although I have yet to go myself (still assembling build), I will search him out or the next best for my tune(s).

You are right, there is alot of money tied up in these things.. the worst thing to do is get a bad tune and it run for <25K miles before POP!

Take time to learn then go off and do your thing

$0.02
Shad tuned my hatch. And that was 3+years ago. I daily drive it and beat the crap out of it.

I currently have S200b, but would like to get S300 b/c i would like to start tuning it myself and AEM EMS costs too much for what i want. Greddy Emanage is also nice and fairly inexpensive.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MP5
Shad tuned my hatch. And that was 3+years ago. I daily drive it and beat the crap out of it.

I currently have S200b, but would like to get S300 b/c i would like to start tuning it myself and AEM EMS costs too much for what i want. Greddy Emanage is also nice and fairly inexpensive.
Shad tuned a CRX that I was lucky enough to have a nice fast ride in.. I'd like his hands on my tune
Old 10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Crv-tec ??

so who is this shad guy and @how much does he charge for a good safe tune?

Also does he use hondata or crome or either/or?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I definitely think you get what you pay for. HOWEVER I had Hondata S200B, and took it out becuase Dyno Inc. doesn't tune Hondata. I made over 600hp on Crome, and it runs great, no issues. It's much more the Tuner than the software.
I agree. Crome can do some great stuff including many more things than the s200. Its pretty comparable to s300 as far as features go. I've tuned uberdata/crome/and hondata(well kpro that is) and they all pretty much do the same stuff. Crome and hondata being a little more developed than uberdata at this point.

Quick Reply: Hondata or what?