Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hx rims on a DC2

Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Bro'd Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito
Default Re: hx rims on a DC2

Originally Posted by justjdm
They are 14's, not 13's. Not too small, but just trying to steer away from rotas like everyone else has and trying to be different.
you're trying to stay away from rotas by buying a stock honda wheel which is almost as played out as a rota which is 14" at that?

you're a fucking idiot.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Tito
you're trying to stay away from rotas by buying a stock honda wheel which is almost as played out as a rota which is 14" at that?

you're a fucking idiot.
why do you fucking care? he can put whatever wheel he wants on his car. He was asking for clearance help not everybody's fucking comments. Sounds to me like your the fucking idiot.

To answer your question. I wouldn't grind on the calipers. A small spacer is exactly what your looking for.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Euro R

justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm

Originally Posted by dave22
Small spacers will work just fine. You only need a few milimeters to clear everything.
Thanks. I just purchased a pair that is like 1/8" thick, so i'm sure they will work perfect.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Euro R

justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm justjdm

Originally Posted by Tito

you're a fucking idiot.
wow, someone is having a bad day! thanks for the info though dumb ass!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Euro R

Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
why do you fucking care? he can put whatever wheel he wants on his car. He was asking for clearance help not everybody's fucking comments. Sounds to me like your the fucking idiot.

To answer your question. I wouldn't grind on the calipers. A small spacer is exactly what your looking for.
thanks man for the info! Yea, not sure why he cared, it's not his car anyways, but oh well. I think I'm going to try out the spacers for now and see how it goes.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Buy some wheel spacers from pep boys or something. They're just like washers...

I never trusted them though.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:51 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I don't see what the problem with a small spacer is? If it was something huge to make the wheel poke I'd understand. But just a small, couple millimeter spacer is fine.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Euro R

Originally Posted by I spy Psi
Buy some wheel spacers from pep boys or something. They're just like washers...

I never trusted them though.
I went to both pepboys in va beach and they are all sold out. They were only like 8 bucks a piece, but they have a hard time keeping them in stock. I guess everyone has the same ideas! Who knows though. Might have to go over there and get some if the ones I just got don't fit, but it said they will so we will see.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Euro R

Originally Posted by j4k3
I don't see what the problem with a small spacer is? If it was something huge to make the wheel poke I'd understand. But just a small, couple millimeter spacer is fine.
yea, that's all it needs to clear the brakes so they won't rub. Not sure if it will pass inspection like that though, but I guess we will see.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by justjdm
yea, that's all it needs to clear the brakes so they won't rub. Not sure if it will pass inspection like that though, but I guess we will see.
my bad, they are 14s lol. early morning brain fart. Spacer idea is the way i would try. I wasnt criticizing your wheel choice, just an opinion. GL

Quick Reply: hx rims on a DC2