Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i am buying a 95 integra ls

Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
yaaat.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: i am buying a 95 integra ls

Originally Posted by b16EFsedan
its 0bd1 thats a start.....any high end mods can be tuned with ease....................any intake and exhaust combo will improve power.......dont bother with the internals until something goes wrong(youd be better off building ground up new motor).... chip the ecu for 8000rev limit....its all about your wallet
You don't need to take a stock LS that high for any reason.

Buy coilovers, wheels, get it aligned and start reading about shit for it.

Boost is not your only option, you can go high compression all motor, LS vtec, spray. If you want it to be more snappy, buy a B16 tranny and a new clutch and flywheel. It'll make it feel like a completely different car.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 AM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

Before you even touch the motor (if everything is in tip-top shape) Clean it up. Get the Exterior and Interior in good if not excellent condition (stock) and once you do that..Do the full suspension.. you won't be disappointed with a stock LS motor with the basic Intake/Header/Exhaust set-up. Then read magazines, look at other integra's and what people did to them but dont be a monkey n see n do. Do your research and always be tasteful with your mods and that $2,000 will go a long way and be well spent. Vadriven is the perfect place to find anything and everything you need.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Banned

joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas joebannannas

what i would do with that money extra money is: pull out that ls motor, rebuild the bottom end, put some nice pistons in it, rings, bearings, etc ( which pistons to use depends on wether you want to go all motor or boost), then i would buy a gsr head (if you have enough money put some valvetrain upgrades in it like cams,springs,retainers, etc.)then buy yourself a ls v-tec kit from golden eagle, and get someone to throw it all together for you. chck my sig. chris at innovaive auto knows his stuff he can take care of you and he probably has alot of this stuff laying around the garage.

Last edited by joebannannas; 03-20-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by joebannannas
what i would do with that money extra money is: pull out that ls motor, rebuild the bottom end, put some nice pistons in it, rings, bearings, etc ( which pistons to use depends on wether you want to go all motor or boost), then i would buy a gsr head (if you have enough money put some valvetrain upgrades in it like cams,springs,retainers, etc.)then buy yourself a ls v-tec kit from golden eagle, and get someone to throw it all together for you. chck my sig. chris at innovaive auto knows his stuff he can take care of you and he probably has alot of this stuff laying around the garage.
He doesn't need to start off building LS/VTEC right this second. I think learning how to work on the car, like repairs and how a motor works is better before he tears the thing apart.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jebsurf
$875 coilovers
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/blackhole-6/fortune-auto-coilover-group-buy-3-a-276660/
$855 tires and rims
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-RO...3A1|240%3A1318

Grand total of 1700 give or take. + you will spend the rest on a alignment.Your welcome
$300 for an alignment!! holy crap...where are you talking on going?? its $25 a tire(i think its still $25 anyways) @ Berts alignment (who are GREAT)
Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Auto Body Apprentice

jojoedancer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the ideas,
i will keep all of them on mind.

btw ryan do you know brandyn alesna
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Auto Body Apprentice

so whats high compression gonna do in the long run to my engine?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojoedancer
so whats high compression gonna do in the long run to my engine?
Well I dont think when they are talking about high compression they are talking about anything crazy. You can put B16 pistions in your LS and get a nice bump in compression and still have the car be safe and reliable.

The reason everyone is suggesting to you to do coilovers and wheels is because those are mods that your most likely not going to be sorry you did. As long as you get a good setup. Id suggest that you get a good suspension setup and maybe get into auto cross or something of that sort and improve your driving abilitys. It will also give you a good idea of your cars strong and weak points and what you would like to improve on.

Also do alot of research. Research is one of the best tools us car enthusiast have when modding a cars. Look at other integras and see what other people have done. As stated above do your mods tastfully and but quality parts the first time..and take your time with the car, dont rush things.

GL with the build.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by SPAWN
$300 for an alignment!! holy crap...where are you talking on going?? its $25 a tire(i think its still $25 anyways) @ Berts alignment (who are GREAT)
Last time I went to berts it was $180. And a full tank of gas, you are damn near $300.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Auto Body Apprentice

ok.
so is it gonna get less gas mileage or something?

Quick Reply: i am buying a 95 integra ls