Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

I got a thinker for all you B16 guys

Old 11-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SmokeCRX has disabled reputation
Default Re: I got a thinker for all you B16 guys

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
would anyone be interested in buying the complete swap out of this car?
That would prob depend on the price...lol.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

impound has disabled reputation

i am looking for a b16 tranny. location?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

I'm located in Dulles but not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I <3 757

ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all

I mean I wouldn't say doing a leakdown is completely useless. You will KNOW if its the valve or the rings seeing on thats whats the test is ment to determine.... If you wanted to rebuild this motor I would def. recommend getting the head pressure tested at a local machine shop, get it decked and what not. While your there get the bottom end hot tanked and get a fresh hone for your rings and when you get it all back your looking at a few hours at most on getting it back together if your mechanically inclined and have some knowledge of doing this sorta thing. If it is your valves, please don't cheap out and only buy one exhaust valve. Do yourself a favor and do it right. You will save yourself alot of headaches in the future for doing so and your car will treat you with reliability.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:41 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

just pulled the head off and there was a hole in one of the exhaust valves. Is there a way i can test the rings on that cylinder to make sure they are ok before reassembly? Im not 100% sure that the rings were going bad to begin with and if i can get away with building the head and putting it back on i would love to. Im going to check out a local machine shop on monday and see what they will charge to do all the work. If its a decnt amount then im concidering just buying a head someone had built already and using that.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I <3 757

ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all

If I were you if your already that far I'd just take that bottom end apart and do the rings anyways. Why go through the trouble of having to take it off again later when they do go bad...and they will. Bapgeon has decent priced b series rings I think I only paid like 60 dollars or so.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:57 PM
loved by all

Originally Posted by ridinboost757
If I were you if your already that far I'd just take that bottom end apart and do the rings anyways. Why go through the trouble of having to take it off again later when they do go bad...and they will. Bapgeon has decent priced b series rings I think I only paid like 60 dollars or so.
then donit i need all new bearings and shit?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
loved by all

here's some pics of the joints

Old 11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're going to do new rings, you'll need to hone the cylinders.

If the cylinder (with the damaged valve) looks to be in good shape, with no damage from metal shrapnel, you'll probably do just fine with new valve(s) if you're not looking to do a more comprehensive rebuild. Oh, pay very close attention to that valve seat, which probably needs replacing.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-07-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I <3 757

I mean new bearings, less then forty dollars at apples if your hampton roads for acls then I don't see how thats a big deal.

Quick Reply: I got a thinker for all you B16 guys