Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read

Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: i have a problem with a 94 mustang please read

Originally Posted by robby1989
yep and the cluster lights are starting to act up now so im def leaning towards a short in the wiring.
I would always look for a ground problem or power problem first, and not assume it's a short. The reason I say this is that I've seen a lot of corrosion problems on ground connections or where power cables meet something like a power distribution or fuse block. It's pretty rare to have a short with OEM wiring, unless the car has been in an accident where the wiring is pinched.

It's also possible that a wire has fatigued and broken where a connector is attached. That's actually a nice failure to have because it's usually pretty easy to track down. Either you have power or you don't, and you don't have to deal with voltage drop that changes with current load.

What's the problem with the cluster lights?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Any new aftermarket gauges put in recently? Grounding is definitely possible here.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 PM
stop kiddin

robby1989 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I would always look for a ground problem or power problem first, and not assume it's a short. The reason I say this is that I've seen a lot of corrosion problems on ground connections or where power cables meet something like a power distribution or fuse block. It's pretty rare to have a short with OEM wiring, unless the car has been in an accident where the wiring is pinched.

It's also possible that a wire has fatigued and broken where a connector is attached. That's actually a nice failure to have because it's usually pretty easy to track down. Either you have power or you don't, and you don't have to deal with voltage drop that changes with current load.

What's the problem with the cluster lights?
the cluster lights just dont come on when i turn on the headlights.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 PM
stop kiddin

robby1989 has disabled reputation

nope no new gauges and i thank yall for the help
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

It's sounding more and more like a breaking wire and/or bad switch