Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

i need a part but not sure what its called

Old 10-18-2008, 06:30 AM
TurboPipingSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: i need a part but not sure what its called

to the OP.........

1. There is no clip that "holds the VTEC solenoid in place", unless you are talking about something internal of that solenoid itself.... What holds the VTEC solenoid in place are the hex bolts with 10mm heads.

2. The only "clip", per say, that has anything to do with the VTEC solenoid is the single wire connector. If you look at the pic below, you'll see a green/white wire (green/black wire). Notice that there is NOT a connector in between the green/white and green/black. However, you can clearly see that the two wires had been connected and insulated by a black heat shrink...... NORMALLY, that is where that factory "clip or connector" would be. Your husband's issue can be fixed the same way this picture portrays.... if we are talking about the same clip. GOODLUCK!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:52 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

So....no nudez?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 AM
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

No. No nudes for you today.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

hatchback91joey has disabled reputation

[IMG][/IMG]

i think the thing that is circled is the part that i need. im tryin to get in touch with his cousin now
Old 10-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

hatchback91joey has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thermal
to the OP.........

1. There is no clip that "holds the VTEC solenoid in place", unless you are talking about something internal of that solenoid itself.... What holds the VTEC solenoid in place are the hex bolts with 10mm heads.

2. The only "clip", per say, that has anything to do with the VTEC solenoid is the single wire connector. If you look at the pic below, you'll see a green/white wire (green/black wire). Notice that there is NOT a connector in between the green/white and green/black. However, you can clearly see that the two wires had been connected and insulated by a black heat shrink...... NORMALLY, that is where that factory "clip or connector" would be. Your husband's issue can be fixed the same way this picture portrays.... if we are talking about the same clip. GOODLUCK!

the pic didnt how up
Old 10-18-2008, 08:27 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by hatchback91joey
the pic didnt how up
... well, I can see it pretty clear and I'm sure most of us here can see it as well.
...... eitherway, the part that you circled is the VTEC oil pressure switch. So, are you looking for a clip to hook up to that? Your original harness should have it. That is a very common 2- wire connector for hondas....