Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Idel issues and and v-tec bogg

Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Special-k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw
Default Re: Idel issues and and v-tec bogg

Originally Posted by SmokeCRX
I'm guessin that your engine is a first gen B16. Again...you didnt tell me the YEAR..lol. If so you prob are runnin the Intake temp sensor that is mounted in the intake manifold. Depending on the harness you're using this wouldve required a change in wiring. What harness are u using? who wired it? This is what I would do...Remove the jumper and reinstall your factory OBD2 ecu. Start the engine and see what happens. It should run and it should throw codes. If you have a scanner that shows data available... I would check the data. I would guess one of your sensors isnt readin correctly. My guess is the IAT (may need the one in the intake stream and not the manifold... I did a swap that was like that) If you dont have a scanner w/data capabilities...pull the codes and Report back. Sorry I cant give u a quik fix...lol.
lol im not sure wat year the motor is...the wire harness is from an 96 ex civic but the wire harness is cut up...my firend wired it up and wat is an IAT???....im ganna buy a new wire harness if u know any one with one lmk..thanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 1camslw
lol im not sure wat year the motor is...the wire harness is from an 96 ex civic but the wire harness is cut up...my firend wired it up and wat is an IAT???....im ganna buy a new wire harness if u know any one with one lmk..thanks!
IAT is intake air temp.

If you can visibly see that the harness has been hacked up enough that you don't trust it, get a new harness. Nothing is a bigger waste of time than trying to troubleshoot a problem based on wiring that is improperly done. If you don't know what the starting point is, it's really hard to gets results. On an OEM harness, you know what it SHOULD be like, and then you can find out what's different and what's wrong. On a totally hacked up engine swap, you probably have no idea what you're starting out with, so you basically have to redo everything yourself just to know what your baseline is for troubleshooting.

Think of it this way: Say your time costs $10 or $15 an hour. If the time it will take to troubleshoot the old harness is more than the cost of a new harness, get a new harness. I think about a lot of stuff that way. It doesn't really make sense to spend a shitload of time doing something that isn't that expensive to begin with. I know people who spend 10 hours trying to fix a $50 part, and I'd rather just buy a new one and go to into work for a few extra hours to cover the cost. They'll say that they saved $50 because they didn't have to buy a new part, and I say that I didn't have to waste 10 hours of my life fucking around trying to make an easily replaceable (and relatively cheap) broken part work. I know people say that their time is free because it's their car or whatever, but they can be making a lot of money doing something else in that "free" time instead. Sorry, off on a tangent there.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-21-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Special-k

1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw 1camslw

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
IAT is intake air temp.

If you can visibly see that the harness has been hacked up enough that you don't trust it, get a new harness. Nothing is a bigger waste of time than trying to troubleshoot a problem based on wiring that is improperly done. If you don't know what the starting point is, it's really hard to gets results. On an OEM harness, you know what it SHOULD be like, and then you can find out what's different and what's wrong. On a totally hacked up engine swap, you probably have no idea what you're starting out with, so you basically have to redo everything yourself just to know what your baseline is for troubleshooting.

Think of it this way: Say your time costs $10 or $15 an hour. If the time it will take to troubleshoot the old harness is more than the cost of a new harness, get a new harness. I think about a lot of stuff that way. It doesn't really make sense to spend a shitload of time doing something that isn't that expensive to begin with. I know people who spend 10 hours trying to fix a $50 part, and I'd rather just buy a new one and go to into work for a few extra hours to cover the cost. They'll say that they saved $50 because they didn't have to buy a new part, and I say that I didn't have to waste 10 hours of my life fucking around trying to make an easily replaceable (and relatively cheap) broken part work. I know people say that their time is free because it's their car or whatever, but they can be making a lot of money doing something else in that "free" time instead. Sorry, off on a tangent there.

well the only part that i can see with my eyes that is hacked up on the harness is were the map and speed sensers are are cause they were spliced there to put the new plugs on...but when i bought the care the guy said that the wire harness mite have to b changed cause its kinda hacked up...well i have no choice to buy one know and c were that is ganna take me.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

SmokeCRX has disabled reputation

Visible damage is always a good place to start...

I've been thinkin bout this...do u have OBD0, OBD1, or OBD2 injectors? what color are the connector plugs (white/clear, grey, or black)? If your runnin OBD0 with no resistor box....?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Special-k

Originally Posted by SmokeCRX
Visible damage is always a good place to start...

I've been thinkin bout this...do u have OBD0, OBD1, or OBD2 injectors? what color are the connector plugs (white/clear, grey, or black)? If your runnin OBD0 with no resistor box....?

the connector plugs are grey.....im get'n a new wire harness 2 day and i'm ganna put it on i will post up results when done.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Special-k

the guy neva came threw with the harness does any one know were i can buy a new one???
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Special-k

well the check engine light is not coming on any more...the only thing wrong with it is the v-tec bogg so any one call tell me were i can start to c wats wrong lmk asap thanks!!