Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Idle Issues In Acura Integra

Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
neweather has disabled reputation
Default Re: Idle Issues In Acura Integra

more than likely your o2 sensor, have you pancaked your flange aka. bottomed out somewhere. I had the p0171 system too lean code pop numerous times. After process of elimination it ended up being an exhaust leak I had between the exhaust manifold and the upstream o2 sensor. Too lean which in return read to the ecu incorrectly pushing too much fuel through giving my integra a very odd idle. I replaced gaskets and cleaned my o2 sensor, helped with the code problem. Another little thing that helped was cleaning my intake manifold. While the vehicles off Pull your air intake off, and whipe your finger inside the throttle body. If your finger has black on it it, clean it. In an engine, when combustion happens, carbon is formed and the intake manifold is the last place is goes to build up. take an old toothbrush and spray carb cleaner into the throttle body, scrub it, clean it. Put the intake back on and try to start the car, it'll take a couple of time before it starts. no while running, get a buddy to rev your engine to around 2k and keep it there, pull the brake booster vacuum hose off the back of the brake booster, and don't be alarmed when your car starts idling up and down vigorously, and begin to poor around 1/3rd of a bottle of sea foam into the brake booster hose (while still idling at 2k), put the brake booster hose back in place and let the car run for a few minutes. this helped my idling issue.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

Originally Posted by neweather
more than likely your o2 sensor, have you pancaked your flange aka. bottomed out somewhere. I had the p0171 system too lean code pop numerous times. After process of elimination it ended up being an exhaust leak I had between the exhaust manifold and the upstream o2 sensor. Too lean which in return read to the ecu incorrectly pushing too much fuel through giving my integra a very odd idle. I replaced gaskets and cleaned my o2 sensor, helped with the code problem. Another little thing that helped was cleaning my intake manifold. While the vehicles off Pull your air intake off, and whipe your finger inside the throttle body. If your finger has black on it it, clean it. In an engine, when combustion happens, carbon is formed and the intake manifold is the last place is goes to build up. take an old toothbrush and spray carb cleaner into the throttle body, scrub it, clean it. Put the intake back on and try to start the car, it'll take a couple of time before it starts. no while running, get a buddy to rev your engine to around 2k and keep it there, pull the brake booster vacuum hose off the back of the brake booster, and don't be alarmed when your car starts idling up and down vigorously, and begin to poor around 1/3rd of a bottle of sea foam into the brake booster hose (while still idling at 2k), put the brake booster hose back in place and let the car run for a few minutes. this helped my idling issue.
Sea foam in break booster? WTF does that do? Intake is very clean .
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

Originally Posted by sleeperteg
under the distributor there should be a sensor with a one wire connector that goes to the temp gauge, and the engine coolant temp sensor that screws in, has a bigger 2 wire plug on it. The oil pressure one is in the back of the block by the oil filter. The ect sensor does play a part in the fuel trim, it could possibly be the problem. My integra had an LS at one time with a bad ECT sensor and once it warmed up it would idle really low and sometimes die. It would accelerate fine, but struggle to idle. It threw a code for the bad sensor though, so easy to fix. Replace the ect sensor and then see how it runs its only like a $20 part. Also clean IACV and check intake air temp sensor after you replace the o2
Found it! Thank you ! Will update when everything's changed out
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

neweather has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by aniretaKrace
Sea foam in break booster? WTF does that do? Intake is very clean .
not in the brake booster, you put it in the vacuum hose that that comes off the brake booster. and it cleans in intake manifold.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 AM

Ok so I replaced the coolant temp sensor, the coolant temp switch and the O2 sensor and it has helped some. i havent driven it for an hr plus yet. it still shakes when it gets real warm but not as bad as before. the temp doesn't rise (or more so the indicator does not increase) as fast as it used to so replacing the CTS was a good idea non the less. hopefully this works. will update after long trip