Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)

Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandon.beene can only hope to improve
Default Re: Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)

Originally Posted by zc91crx
he could be on to something... i would pull the rail and check it out.

if there is good voltage, and they have been shown to open in the 1 and 4 positions... then they may just not be getting fuel from the rail

just my .02
thank you kind sir, thats the only thing i can think of.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by wright
We swapped the injectors from the number one and four cylinder and place them in the number two and three cylinder and still have the same results.

So you changed the injectors around and the problem follows the injectors? Or does it follow where the injectors are?

Basically is it the particular injectors at the 2 and 3 positions that are not working, or is it the 2 and 3 positions that are not working with any injector you put in them?

This should be easy to troubleshoot. You should have 12V to all injectors, and the ECU completes the circuit to ground. So on each injector, one wire is connected to 12v and one wire is connected to the ECU. So you should have continuity to the ECU, and you should be checking resistance and not just continuity. A continuity check can test good but still have high enough resistance to not allow enough injector coil current.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 06-28-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

from what i get your injectors are working,you took the injectors from #2 and #3 and put them in #1 and #4 they worked, you checked the wiring and its not cut, you checked your ecu and its fine you got spark so thats out . it has to be blocked somewhere. or your getting a shitty connection on the inside where the male end of the injector meets the female end of the plug.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i wonder if theres some sort of broken resistor or something inside the ecu that the malfunctioning injectors are pinned into. this just seems to be weird since all the tracing was done back to the ecu and everything is connected properly.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

I am going to swap out the fuel rail tomorrow to rule that out. I am also going to make a makeshift injector harness for the number two and three injectors since number one and four are working just fine to 100% rule out that the wire is cut/broken.

I know that if the ecu is unplugged that the solid wire that runs to the ECU will carry 12v power all the way to the ecu. I also know that the ECU is in 100% good working condition as well.

All four of the injectors do work fine. I have swapped them around and the ones that were not working in two and three worked when moved to number one and four.

I know that it is going to be something stupid in the long run, but I just do not know what it is at the moment.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. Will keep you all posted on the progress. If any one else has any tips/things to try please keep it coming.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

I am going to swap out the fuel rail tomorrow to rule that out. I am also going to make a makeshift injector harness for the number two and three injectors since number one and four are working just fine to 100% rule out that the wire is cut/broken.

I know that if the ecu is unplugged that the solid wire that runs to the ECU will carry 12v power all the way to the ecu. I also know that the ECU is in 100% good working condition as well.

All four of the injectors do work fine. I have swapped them around and the ones that were not working in two and three worked when moved to number one and four.

I know that it is going to be something stupid in the long run, but I just do not know what it is at the moment.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. Will keep you all posted on the progress. If any one else has any tips/things to try please keep it coming.
fo sho, keep it updated. i want to know what the problem was
Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I know that if the ecu is unplugged that the solid wire that runs to the ECU will carry 12v power all the way to the ecu.
That's something else that's easy to check. If the injectors are getting power, and the ECU is unplugged, you should have 12v on each of the injector wires where they connect to the ECU. That means that you have a good circuit all the way to the ECU. You should still do a resistance check though, because even a wire with high resistance will show 12V on it if there is no current traveling through the wire.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered member

I have an update on the car.

This is what I did today. I unplugged the ecu and checked the continuity of all of the injector wires with a meter. I then decided that I could not hurt the car so I wanted to see if the solid wires would be hot while cranking the car over, which none them were. They have to be plugged in to make complete the circuit.

So then I started the car and tested all four of the ecu wires from the ecu all the way to the injectors them self's, and all was hot while the car was running. I then decided to check the volts of the solid wires while the car was running and the voltage was 13.x on all four solid wires.

The weird thing is that when I tested the voltage or to see if the number one and four plug was hot I noticed that the cars idle died a little and then upon removing the tool it picked back up. The number two and three injector did not change the idle.

Next is the fuel rail.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Racetracks

The weird thing is that when I tested the voltage or to see if the number one and four plug was hot I noticed that the cars idle died a little and then upon removing the tool it picked back up. The number two and three injector did not change the idle.
How were you testing the voltage while the car was running, did you unplug the injector connector?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Registered member

No, I pushed the pin into the top of the connector at the injector and touched the wire/metal connector that is inside of the clip. I might also try to test it at the ecu as well (which I have not done yet).

Quick Reply: Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)