Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)

Old 07-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Works on S2000's.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory
Default Re: Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)

Wouldn't it be easier to just put a noid light in each injector harness plug, and check to see if the computer is telling them to fire? If it blinks, you've got power and it is another problem, if it doesn't, you have a wiring/ecu issue.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by C Ory
Wouldn't it be easier to just put a noid light in each injector harness plug, and check to see if the computer is telling them to fire? If it blinks, you've got power and it is another problem, if it doesn't, you have a wiring/ecu issue.

a test light or multi meter does the same thing. I'd say fuel rail, but don't see how. has to be the ground wire coming off the injectors since you have power going to them.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Works on S2000's.

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
a test light or multi meter does the same thing. I'd say fuel rail, but don't see how. has to be the ground wire coming off the injectors since you have power going to them.
I believe the ECU sends the ground, so that would mean a bad ECU. But, he said he already swapped ECU's, and it didn't change.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by C Ory
I believe the ECU sends the ground, so that would mean a bad ECU. But, he said he already swapped ECU's, and it didn't change.
does this car use a resistor box by chance?
Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Works on S2000's.

does this car use a resistor box by chance?
Ya know, I don't know. He didn't say it did, but it doesn't mean it's not there. Hmmmm...
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

if not then I'm going to go with his connectors are bad
Old 07-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

No the car does not have a resistor box since it has the stock injectors and they are the high impedance.

Also I know that it is not the wires at all. I check the voltage of my father hatch with a type-r swap and the voltage is the same when running (13.x). Also we took a working injector and plugged it into the number 2 and 3 clips while the engine was running and the injectors are clicking (so we know that it is getting the correct signal from the ECU).

We changed the regulator and it did not help. I am going to change the rail today to see if that helps.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Crazy. So the injectors are clicking in the non-working positions.. That's a good stumper. I can't possibly imagine what would make one part of the fuel rail work and other parts not work, because it's just a tube with ports for the injectors. I still think there has to be something simple that you're overlooking. Maybe you actually do have a wiring problem and the injector current isn't high enough to open the injector against the full fuel pressure in the rail or something like that.. Without testing it myself I can only offer conjecture.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

rail or Opererror
Old 07-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

rail or Opererror
I hope that you are not saying operator error.

I seem to be getting the problem swaps as of lately. I know what you mean about the rail, but i am not sure what the deal is. I just have not had the time to put into it for trouble shooting other than a little here and there.

With the thought of the lack of current the 2 and 3 injector plugs have 13.x volts while the car is running which matches others car while running.

Quick Reply: Injectors not opening (EK Type-r)