Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Installed a head unit, fuses blowing.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Rub my belly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.
Default Installed a head unit, fuses blowing.

well i recently installed a head unit, works perfectly fine, But my tail lights, corner lights, and gauge cluster doesn't work when i turn on my lights.

i did the twist and tape way and i didnt connect the blue wire which is for the remote.

could those two things be the problem?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: Installed a head unit, fuses blowing.

Fuses. Check those first.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

^^ Yep...

double check wiring...ground might be possible...

Is ur headunit to powerful causing massive voltage?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by Buddha.
well i recently installed a head unit, works perfectly fine, But my tail lights, corner lights, and gauge cluster doesn't work when i turn on my lights.

i did the twist and tape way and i didnt connect the blue wire which is for the remote.

I strongly suggest at least using butt connectors vice twist and taping, and the remote not being hooked up couldn't be the problem. If there is a short it might be blowing the fuses.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

The question is, did it blow a fuse(s) or is it continually blowing a fuse or fuses? If it blew one and you replaced it and you're fine now, you grounded a hot-no worries. If you're still blowing fuses, you have a hot grounded or a ground hot-fed. Troof.
And I agree about twisting and taping-solder is your best connection, but butt connectors are a decent second.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Rub my belly

Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.

Originally Posted by ProPixel
Fuses. Check those first.
Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
^^ Yep...

double check wiring...ground might be possible...

Is ur headunit to powerful causing massive voltage?
it's a 200 watt?

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
The question is, did it blow a fuse(s) or is it continually blowing a fuse or fuses? If it blew one and you replaced it and you're fine now, you grounded a hot-no worries. If you're still blowing fuses, you have a hot grounded or a ground hot-fed. Troof.
And I agree about twisting and taping-solder is your best connection, but butt connectors are a decent second.
i changed all the fuses and replugged the head unit then turned on the car, keeps blowing the fuses. I did it a couple times to make sure...
when i plug in my stock one it's fine, just only when i plug in the HU.

and i did have wiring problems with a short circuit in the trunk, but i got all those wires replaced.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation

wires might be touching. fuse isnt strong enough? wires might still be wrong.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

when i plug in my stock one it's fine, just only when i plug in the HU.
It's either a dead head unit, or you've wired something wrong between the adapter harness and the harness that came with the head unit. Or, one of those two harnesses is not assembled correctly and there are wires in the wrong connector positions.

I really can't imagine what you could have done that makes the stock head unit work properly but the new head unit not work.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by i need a civic!
fuse isnt strong enough?
What...?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Rub my belly

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It's either a dead head unit, or you've wired something wrong between the adapter harness and the harness that came with the head unit. Or, one of those two harnesses is not assembled correctly and there are wires in the wrong connector positions.

I really can't imagine what you could have done that makes the stock head unit work properly but the new head unit not work.
i made sure i connected all the wires correctly, changed all fuses and the fuse behind the head unit.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What...?
lol x2.