Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra rear glass question

Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike703 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Integra rear glass question

well from experience i recently went through this dilema. only i have a 2001 ls. soo for one the latches are infact different where one is a cable latch and 98 plus is electrical. also 98+ has a little lever underneath so that you can open it. all hatches will fit on your car no problem there is no difference only difference is the latch. and also dont worry about if you get one with the brake light or not as VA inspection states if your vehicle is equipped with it, it has to work so if the hatch you get doesnt have the holes for the brake light dont worry about it. just go without it. The hardest part is feeding the hatch harness through the car and out and back in again. but its easiest if you disconnect the car side of the harness and not the hatch end of the harness and use a coat hanger to get it through the tight little space and around the bends....sorry for the length of this post but i hope it helps. check craigslist i got a complete one for 75 bucks dont mess with trying to replace just the glass its a big hassle.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:14 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Va requires a third brake light, just like every other state. Since 1986.

Also what I get from reading the OP is he is trying to replace the glass only, not the entire hatch
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

He's gonna go ahead and buy my hatch. I've told him everything he needs to know about integra hatches. I've already been through all of this mess as i bought a hatch of later years trying to put in on my 1995 integra. I got a machinist to drill out the latch and make it fit my car.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered member

mike703 has disabled reputation

That may be true but one does not have to have it in the glass, it can be in the spoiler instead.
Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
Va requires a third brake light, just like every other state. Since 1986.

Also what I get from reading the OP is he is trying to replace the glass only, not the entire hatch
Old 08-27-2011, 10:35 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by mike703
That may be true but one does not have to have it in the glass, it can be in the spoiler instead.
Yes, but it was never stated if OPs integra came with a spoiler, so I assumed it didnt
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

a glass company off fullerton road springfield va 22150 replaced my rear glass for 300 w/ installation
Old 08-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
a glass company off fullerton road springfield va 22150 replaced my rear glass for 300 w/ installation
Not everyone's a baller.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Not everyone's a baller.
by the time he buys a hatch,and has it painted to match his car unless hes lucky enough to find the same color...he will have close to that in it...
Old 08-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by nftuatn
by the time he buys a hatch,and has it painted to match his car unless hes lucky enough to find the same color...he will have close to that in it...
That's the funny part. Just pay the $300 and get the new glass.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:13 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That's the funny part. Just pay the $300 and get the new glass.
thats too easy....everyone always overlooks the easy solution....at least he isnt looking for another shell to swap everything over

Quick Reply: Integra rear glass question