Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

interesting sr20det fuel problem

Old 08-06-2006, 07:37 PM
you suck, i know it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default interesting sr20det fuel problem

here is the problem now.

the injectors click when i spin the cps, i have fuel pressure to the rail, but no flow thru the injectors.

wtf? fpr?
Old 08-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: interesting sr20det fuel problem

Yeah its gotta be can't think of what else it could be probably the FPR isnt releasing the Fuel to the injectors.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
you suck, i know it

the thing that baffles me is the fact that ive never had one go bad before
Old 08-06-2006, 09:02 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

I never have either, but then again they dont make replacements for no reason.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:02 PM
you suck, i know it

does anyone have one?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

You can find Nismo FPR for like 100 bucks I got mine for 90 brand new. Its $122 at the dealership
Old 08-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

um, do you know how a FPR works?????? it has nothing to do with 'releasing' fuel to the injectors. all it does is exactly what its name says...fuel pressure regulator.

it doesnt release the fuel TO the injectos...it allows the flow of the fuel back to the tank. follow the fuel lines, from the tank, through the filter, to the rail, through the FPR, back to the tank.

put a noid light the injector clips to see if they are getting the right amount of fire inorder to open them up. you could also take a 12 volt supply to shock them to see if they are clogged.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Needs a fast car now

Originally Posted by drifterJERRY
um, do you know how a FPR works?????? it has nothing to do with 'releasing' fuel to the injectors. all it does is exactly what its name says...fuel pressure regulator.

it doesnt release the fuel TO the injectos...it allows the flow of the fuel back to the tank. follow the fuel lines, from the tank, through the filter, to the rail, through the FPR, back to the tank.

put a noid light the injector clips to see if they are getting the right amount of fire inorder to open them up. you could also take a 12 volt supply to shock them to see if they are clogged.
thats right i forgot the line from the FPR goes to the return
Old 08-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Check your ecu for codes. also check for wiring harness damage. If you've had any high volt jump through it toss it. My very first 240 I had somebody mangles my harness bad. I had to purchase a new one from a friend. I plugged it right up and it worked. Best way to test this is to pull the rail. Injectors and all. turned over the motor and see if they are spraying fuel. If you don't like this way. Take 2 long wires. Attach them to your battery. run this to the injectors. dip the top into gas and see if it sprays.

if that proves to be positive results. place the injectors back into the rail. bolt it down. prime the fuel system. Then pull an injector to see if fuel is getting to the rail. If fuel is getting to the rail and everything works I'd start looking at your ECU.

Your Ecu is responsible for grounding out the connection to the injectors causing them to spray. Also check for codes.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:35 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Apparently he found the problem already, and it was something stupid. Tom call me I wanna know what the fook it was.

Quick Reply: interesting sr20det fuel problem