Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

juice a d15vtec

Old 06-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation
Default Re: juice a d15vtec

so wat shall i use...the dry or wet???
Old 06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bLu92bUbbLe
so wat shall i use...the dry or wet???
If all you are ever going to do is a 50 shot, dry might be fine..

I would go ahead and get a wet kit, the prices are around the same..

be sure and upgrade your fuel pump in both cases
Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation

ok thanks
Old 06-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Grrrrrrr!

BigCheese has disabled reputation

where I'm from Nitrous is legal, but how do you guys hide your bottle?. Isn't it illegal here?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by GaRn
dry setups simply increase fuel pressure to supply the extra needed fuel, which isn't the most reliable way imo..

wet systems have fuel AND nitrous nozzles..

dry is fine for a simple street/low shot deal, if you are really serious or going for a big shot, wet is the only way to go..
that's not the difference.

a dry shot is where the nitrous is shot into the intake tract by itself, and fuel delivery can be handled a couple of different ways from there.

a wet shot is where nitrous is shot into the intake tract with the proper amount of fuel to burn mixed in with it already.

a dry shot setup is usually the best way to go with a beginner only using a small shot like you are.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
that's not the difference.

a dry shot is where the nitrous is shot into the intake tract by itself, and fuel delivery can be handled a couple of different ways from there.

a wet shot is where nitrous is shot into the intake tract with the proper amount of fuel to burn mixed in with it already.

a dry shot setup is usually the best way to go with a beginner only using a small shot like you are.
Yes, it is the difference.. 99% of the time dry shots fuel is handled by fuel pressure, sometimes fuel injector duration..

I don't see anything you said that is not what I said, I don't know what you are talking about
Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by GaRn
dry setups simply increase fuel pressure to supply the extra needed fuel, which isn't the most reliable way imo..

wet systems have fuel AND nitrous nozzles..

dry is fine for a simple street/low shot deal, if you are really serious or going for a big shot, wet is the only way to go..
re-read it, and see how you explained the difference. you never said anything about how the nitrous was delivered - and thats where the difference in the shot comes from. you said wet systems come with fuel/nitrous nozzles. so did my dry kit.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
re-read it, and see how you explained the difference. you never said anything about how the nitrous was delivered - and thats where the difference in the shot comes from. you said wet systems come with fuel/nitrous nozzles. so did my dry kit.
I'm not trying to argue!

Nozzles are the "injectors" used to deliver nitrous into the intake system..

I thought I explained it pretty clear, the other guy got it fine.. Use simple elimination.. if I am comparing two things and the only difference in my comparison is that one uses fuel nozzles while the other one uses increased fuel pressure/injector duration to deliver the extra fuel, then you should be able to extract the idea that I am saying dry setups don't utilize nozzles for fuel..

Anyways, just a misunderstanding I guess