Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused

Old 08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms
Default Re: just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused

Never buy a car with a billet Advance Auto Parts oil cap. The previous owner probably ragged the shit out of this car.

Nevertheless, I hope you are able to fix the problem and have it running well in the end. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
i can take danger

sickmazdasix has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by backtoarms
Never buy a car with a billet Advance Auto Parts oil cap. The previous owner probably ragged the shit out of this car.

Nevertheless, I hope you are able to fix the problem and have it running well in the end. Good luck.
thanks bro. today i fixed 90% of the problems and now it runs like a champ. i swapped out the tail lights to stock ones. only thing left is the motor mounts and im fixing those this weekend. im keeping it i definitely learned my lesson tho!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by sickmazdasix
thanks bro. today i fixed 90% of the problems and now it runs like a champ. i swapped out the tail lights to stock ones. only thing left is the motor mounts and im fixing those this weekend. im keeping it i definitely learned my lesson tho!
I'm still waiting for you to pull me over faggot....what the problem? Don't have the grapes for it?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Someone neg repped me, YES!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 AM
And The Password Is

RICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to behold

sooo im gonna go out on a limb and say u replaced the turbo seals, and there are no HG problems
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
i can take danger

sickmazdasix has disabled reputation

i guess turbo seals are next on the list since now it only smokes when i boost. where the hell do the turbo seals go?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
And The Password Is

RICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to beholdRICK-JMES is a splendid one to behold

i guess turbo seals are next on the list since now it only smokes when i boost. where the hell do the turbo seals go?

wait im confused... does it not smoke at start up ne more ? what changed?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Holy shit I just read this whole thread and I feel dumber already.... Can't you people type in complete sentences and use proper grammar and spelling anymore?

You bought a POS old used car that was modified and have the gall to complain about it having issues? You want a problem free car, go buy a new one.... or know what you're getting yourself into.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Holy shit I just read this whole thread and I feel dumber already.... Can't you people type in complete sentences and use proper grammar and spelling anymore?
Ok....what was wrong with my post?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

RVAmm has disabled reputation

More than likely the guy you bought it from was just trying to get rid of it, then got it running half-ass in hopes of selling it to someone whos not sure what theyre looking at.

white smoke for the most part means youre burning coolant.

if whoever put it together didnt even bother to fix the smoking before selling it, get ready to find a ton of must up shit... goodluck

Quick Reply: just bought my first turbocharged car and now i'm confused