Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ka24de N/A help

Old 07-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ka24de N/A help

Originally Posted by freddie915
yeah i talked to the guy who built that ka at work. he said theres close to 10g in just parts.
That's kinda what I suspected. It takes a lot of money to get good power out of an engine that isn't very efficient to begin with, unless you add a turbo.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

yeah i talked to the guy who built that ka at work. he said theres close to 10g in just parts. im changing my mind on the N/A ka im thinking about a turbo but i dont know much about them. could you run 12psi as a dd?
was that a quote from " the fast and the furious" or are you being serious?

10 grand for 250 whp NA is stupid.....
Old 07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

yeah i talked to the guy who built that ka at work. he said theres close to 10g in just parts. im changing my mind on the N/A ka im thinking about a turbo but i dont know much about them. could you run 12psi as a dd?
12 psi is a relative term, it depends on what size turbo you are running. Sure with the right engine management and supporting modifications you could daily it at 12 psi, but anything much more than that and you'll need to upgrade some internals.

Got to ka-t.org and the ka-t section on Nicoclub, they are both great resources for boosting the KA.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

boosted KA24DE-T FTMFW!!!

Is 12 psi on a t3t4 50 trim good for a DD? yes, yes it is...
Can one make a reliable 300-400 HP on a stock KA24DE? Yes, it has been done. "wrist pins are the weak spot"
Can one make a 1000WHP in a KA24DE-T? yeah it has been done all ready too
Am I biased towards KA24DE-T's? yup.
How much money are you looking into spending on building a good KA-T? depends if you can find quality used parts on forums or not.
Is an all motor KA24DE-T a waste of time? I think so.
Are there parts I can pull from other motors to try and do an all motor KA? sure but reliability might be an issue.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

The only 2 KA's that I know have made any power are GREASER's from MRD and ABACUS racing which is where Im guessing you work. ABACUS's KA can make over 300hp but its choked down to run in a specific class. They have a NAKA and it is build to the tilt, but they made a bunch of one off parts for it. NAKA is a waste of time and money. Trust the guys that have tried.

If you wanted a NAKA then start with:

KA24E Pistons to increase you compression.
Custom cams
Look into a custom crackshaft
la
la
la

-Danny-
Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

If you want to do something different, and be NA, get an Autech SR20DE and do a full ITB N/A build. You can probably find one of those motors for around 1500-1800 and you will be spending a good 2500-3000 on parts, then another 5-800 on a tune, and you'll be running at least 100 octane. It will sound outrageous though.

A cheaper NA route would be a N/A 1JZ swap with ITBs, you can basically just bump the compression, slap on ITBs, get standalone, and get a good exhaust manifold and make 250whp. There is a S13 with that swap in one of my Option magazines, I can imagine it sounds heavenly.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

fuck it just throw a 350 in that bish and be all motor all day and rumble rumble lol
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

freddie915 has disabled reputation

yes i do work at abacus racing theyve just recently threw a rod through the block and are building a new ka now thats what got me interested in building one. but after i heard how much it would cost to do and not make that much power i decided to go turbo. but id like alittle help on decent turbo setup so i can price things out.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

freddie915 has disabled reputation

you should check out the lola there building now. they just got it running today that thing is nasty. when they get it all together and dyno it ill record it and post up numbers and the dyno run.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

tumadreFTW has disabled reputation

ka-t. There's nothing else to it. Like Chris said ka-t.org and especially NICO will be your pals on research. Any and everything you need to know is on nico but their new search feature blows ass. But if you're the all motor only guy, go that route. But if you're looking for just that amount of power with a ka specifically. t3t4 on 12 does sound about right. (I know of a guy who had one, basic rebuild on it and on 15 psi made 279whp and 281 ft/lbs trq)

sites for parts....that i use to use.
hopupracing.com free shipping on about anything.
phase2motortrend.com
enjukuracing.com pricey
frsport.com legit
nico's classifieds
and ebay of course.

Quick Reply: ka24de N/A help