Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ka24de N/A help

Old 07-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: ka24de N/A help

You will get bored with a KA-T. I knew you had to work at abacus once you mentioned their choked down intake....lol

You have all the resources and knowledge from the guys at abacus. Pick their brains a little and you'll figure out what to do. It takes money to go fast no matter what you are building. I had a KA-T back in 04 making 300 hp on 12psi. This cost me right around $4k to do and the internals where untouched except for [x2] s13 248* cams. I then traded my KA-t for a stock s14 SR and it was the best decision ever. Nice response with the t28 and I had lots of fun with that car. Make sure when you choose the engine you want that you get advise from all the guys that have already walked this path. Wishihadasilvia had a KA-t/SR and now an LS1. Ask him if he would ever go thru all that mess again and just save up to buy the v8.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
You will get bored with a KA-T. I knew you had to work at abacus once you mentioned their choked down intake....lol

You have all the resources and knowledge from the guys at abacus. Pick their brains a little and you'll figure out what to do. It takes money to go fast no matter what you are building. I had a KA-T back in 04 making 300 hp on 12psi. This cost me right around $4k to do and the internals where untouched except for [x2] s13 248* cams. I then traded my KA-t for a stock s14 SR and it was the best decision ever. Nice response with the t28 and I had lots of fun with that car. Make sure when you choose the engine you want that you get advise from all the guys that have already walked this path. Wishihadasilvia had a KA-t/SR and now an LS1. Ask him if he would ever go thru all that mess again and just save up to buy the v8.
If it is the same ka-t that i am thinking of I still have it and dropped another 1500.00 into it head studs, cometic head gasket, lil machine work to the head, new manifold. cause that ssac created a space issue in my s13 and some other randomness. tho, i will say she now makes full boost at 2.7k and pulls hard as hell all the way to 7.5k

Spoiler

question did you get the sr from a guy that had a blue s14 that was baller low? want to say it was Bishops old car? if so that turbo was a gt28r.

Last edited by M▲dh▲tter; 07-24-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

hahaha..thats my old motor. Im glad it is still around. I got the s14sr from an asian cat in richmond. its been a while but we still have the SR and its now fully build and razmus will be driving it in his car now. We are looking to make 400+ on his setup.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

freddie915 has disabled reputation

yeah ive been askin around there alot the last couple of weeks. thats why i changed my mind to ka-t. and i thought about a ls1 swap but thought it would be too much work
Old 07-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
hahaha..thats my old motor. Im glad it is still around. I got the s14sr from an asian cat in richmond. its been a while but we still have the SR and its now fully build and razmus will be driving it in his car now. We are looking to make 400+ on his setup.
;pp well yourt motor is now in pa w/ me and my car now. but yeah I have no plans on getting id of it. I actually love that thing. and sounds nasty as hell. "deep and burly" but 3k and over it sounds like the damn thing hits vtec. lol. literally jumps a good 60 decibels in sound. Hell does this look like something you know of?

Spoiler

thought you might like to see it all again. lol

Oh and the Asian guy you are talking about is: Salia... Boy is mad chill, tho I haven't heard from him in sometime now.
Also If the GT28R was still on the motor when you got it, it was low miles cause i never bolted it up to anything when he got it from me.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by freddie915
yeah ive been askin around there alot the last couple of weeks. thats why i changed my mind to ka-t. and i thought about a ls1 swap but thought it would be too much work
between what Danny did and I have done to this motor, I'm sure you would love KA-T all day long.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Kouki KA-T has disabled reputation

ka-t is mad torque from the get go. Just get the right size turbo to get that "response" you are looking for. There is no hassle simply putting a kit on a ka; I'm not saying swaps are difficult. Plus if you have a/c or care to keep a/c, a topmount or log manifold will suffice. But a/c onto the sr swap really isn't complicated.

All I'm saying is: if you are looking for that amount of power, and trying to stay on budget/simpicity of work- You want to turbo your ka.
I would only argue this if you come across someone who just has an sr swap laying around and willing to let it go for cheap. (but then you never truely know what you're getting when you pick up a swap until you crank it up)

-rick
Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kouki KA-T
ka-t is mad torque from the get go. Just get the right size turbo to get that "response" you are looking for. There is no hassle simply putting a kit on a ka; I'm not saying swaps are difficult. Plus if you have a/c or care to keep a/c, a topmount or log manifold will suffice. But a/c onto the sr swap really isn't complicated.

All I'm saying is: if you are looking for that amount of power, and trying to stay on budget/simpicity of work- You want to turbo your ka.
I would only argue this if you come across someone who just has an sr swap laying around and willing to let it go for cheap. (but then you never truely know what you're getting when you pick up a swap until you crank it up)

-rick
I'm gonna be the assholio in the thread and be direct.....

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU an SR!!!