Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Kpro tuning??

Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
make 7 UP yours

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kpro tuning??

well i have the whole swap in the car, K20Z3 6spd LSD in a 96 EK civic
I am having problems with the idle and getting it to run smooth. The motor has about 20K on it and I have it wired in with 03 manual type s harness and 02-04 Hondata ECU. Just wondering if there is some one near Hampton that might have some ideas as to what the helll is wrong with the car and why it wont idle. I have removed the IACV and cleaned it and it does not seem to help (unless the IAC is totally shot but not likely)
I have checked just about everything I can think of, just looking to see if I might be doing something totally wrong
Thanks..
Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Kpro tuning??

How have you been tuning it? Are you using a stock file for that engine, and are there any engine mods?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
make 7 UP yours

dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Type S setup but with the RBC intake, its pretty much a mod, cold air and race header, exhaust not done yet but stock cams, tried stock setting, and also couple mod settings and they are all the same. I am wondering if the issue might have something to do with the higher flowing manifold.
the instructions on the adapter plate for TB said to run the TB map sensor and pluck the IM map sensor on the intake. I am wondering if it would help out to run the map on the intake side instead of the TB side, but it should not make that much of a difference.
Hoping to find someone who has at least swapped a K series that might have some thoughts.. thanks for the interest though
Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 AM
TiM-MaY!

coolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the roughcoolva is a jewel in the rough

Fuel Pressure? Seen that give plenty of headaches... also be sure you're getting valid readings on the cam timing, IAT, and ECT. You can tell if your IAC is dead by going into k-pro and sliding the IAC duty slider high and low to see if it changes the idle speed.... if not... probably your problem.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:57 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by dXXX96civic
well i have the whole swap in the car, K20Z3 6spd LSD in a 96 EK civic
I am having problems with the idle and getting it to run smooth. The motor has about 20K on it and I have it wired in with 03 manual type s harness and 02-04 Hondata ECU. Just wondering if there is some one near Hampton that might have some ideas as to what the helll is wrong with the car and why it wont idle. I have removed the IACV and cleaned it and it does not seem to help (unless the IAC is totally shot but not likely)
I have checked just about everything I can think of, just looking to see if I might be doing something totally wrong
Thanks..
Clean up this horrible post i kept editing lol.

1) You are going to have to delete the DBW by putting parts from the RSX on. (Rsx throttle body, cable etc)
2) Delete the maf sensor.

That should clear up your problems. There is no way around that unless you run the stock ECU with stock wiring harness. Then there is no real tuning lol.

Here is a thread of the only people so far to run K-pro on the Z3. Only because on the 06-09 si's you have to run a dual ecu setup.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-...ck-gauges.html

You can try contacting them for every little thing if you would like, what i've heard they aren't the best on getting back though. So GL.
But what i said is what you are going to need.

Last edited by Joker.; 01-11-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by dXXX96civic
I have the Type S setup but with the RBC intake, its pretty much a mod, cold air and race header, exhaust not done yet but stock cams, tried stock setting, and also couple mod settings and they are all the same. I am wondering if the issue might have something to do with the higher flowing manifold.
the instructions on the adapter plate for TB said to run the TB map sensor and pluck the IM map sensor on the intake. I am wondering if it would help out to run the map on the intake side instead of the TB side, but it should not make that much of a difference.
Hoping to find someone who has at least swapped a K series that might have some thoughts.. thanks for the interest though
You do realize that the K20z3 comes stock with the RBC intake manifold correct?'

I don't understand why the hell you would have purchased one off say crsx, considering like my above sentence they came stock on these motors. Just read my above post. It answers this thread.

Last edited by Joker.; 01-11-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM
make 7 UP yours

Yes I am well aware the the Z3 motor came with the RBC intake and I have already put the RSX TB on the car via Karcepts adapter and I am using the wiring harness off an 03 manual Type S. I have it all installed in the car already, hence the idle issue. There is no way to use the factory ECU and try to run the DBW system in the older cars unless you rewire and customize everything. I have seen the dual piggyback ECU setup and am not too impressed.

Kpro tuning??-002.jpg Kpro tuning??-054.jpg Kpro tuning??-038.jpg

Just a couple pics of the car, I have a ton more on myspace.com/staleydj
As for the fuel system, I have the Walboro 255 and AEM fpr and I have it set to 52psi so I dont think that is a problem. I will run the duty cycle on the IAC to check for changes and see if that does anything. Thanks for the interest.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM
HNIC

You didn't answer my other question.

Are you still running the maf sensor?

well looking at your pics no. lol.

Have you checked the map sensor also?

I kinda want to see this swap lol. got me intrigued.

I just looked at my sensors try switching them.

Last edited by Joker.; 01-11-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
HNIC

Question. When you say it won't idle do you mean it fluctuates then dies? Won't hold a rev if you try?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 AM
make 7 UP yours

when you start it, it will idle high for a min and then it warms up and starts bucking from 1K to about 2K. It will do that forever if you let it. I am just trying to tune it enough to get it to the lift to put the exhaust on. the only CEL it ever through was for the IAT because it wasnt plugged in, other than that it is pretty much confusing. I noticed last time I was datalogging, it did not seem like the #2 cam was fluctuating on the Kpro. I am checking that out also. Pretty much alot of fine tuning, seems like I cannot find someone who has swapped the Z3 yet with any info up. Guess I better doc everything and post it all over....

Quick Reply: Kpro tuning??