Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

lookin to build b seires motor need info!!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
codbag has disabled reputation
Default lookin to build b seires motor need info!!!!!

Lookin to build a b series motor i really like the gsr but have herd alot of talk of the b16b type R which one is more for the money how much hp and tourq can i get out of each i want to build off a bare block i would like to know what block to start with i know i want high RPMs and VTEC and of course 5 speed but dont know what trans is the best for a street car i would like to put this in a eg hatch if anyone knows what they are talkin about please let me know woluld like to see build sheets and dino charts
Old 03-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

bseely has disabled reputation
Default Re: lookin to build b seires motor need info!!!!!

Besides the classification of your car with the computer, harness, jumper set aside, you will need: B16 block and head, head gasket, ARP head studs (NON-B17), ACL bearings (recommended), new Hastings piston rings, valve seals, LS/B20 (same) ARP rod bolts, B-series water pump, timing belt, type r oil pump, timing belt, alternator, NGK V-power spark plugs, half shaft, Hasport motor mounts, DIZZY (distributor).

Are you OBD0, OBD1, OBD2?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

If you're building from a bare block, why the hell would you ever want to stick to a 1600cc motor? Use a b20 block and sleeve it. Get a good BALANCED crank, rods, and depending on whether you are going boost or motor, pick the compression of the pistons. Use a b16 head and get a port and polish, upgrade the valve train, run appropriate cams for the vehicle(daily only or track/daily). Go from there. This topic has been covered plenty before, use google and you will find it.

LH IS A SEXY HAMBEAST<3
Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 AM
EH2/3 hoarder

0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg

Originally Posted by Mau5head
I would like to take this moment and say thank you to all who support me. I feel honored to finally become a fellow driven members sig. I also would like to thank the birds that fly, for giving me inspiration. Penguins, for knowing just because they cant fly they don't let that ruin there day. My fellow Mau5 for even the littlest of being's can scare the most giant of land animals. Also my local Chinese take out delivery driver for always have my beef and broccoli on time. For with out you I would go hungry. My trash man, for taking care of all clutter in my life. A special moment to mention Lord that is humongous for always making me laugh when im down. Kim jong illin for with out you I would of never known who bailey jay was. Wish I still didn't know who she/he was. Last but not least TATTRAT...well...just because I like you. For those that I didn't mention trust that you're in my heart, at all times.

I love you all....

lold +1

Op, what car do you have to put this in? You dont just choose if you want to be obd0,1,2a/b, the receiving car dictates this. Before 92 civics use obd0 and need to be converted to obd1 to make use of the widely available tuning systems like hondata, neptune, or even basemaps from pharable. 92-95 civics use obd1 and 96-2000 civics use obd2a/b and will either need a jumper harness or a obd2-ready p28 from hondata. Dont tell me that you're another asshat that wants to put a b series in a newer accord or civic 2001+

Last edited by 0bd2eg; 03-28-2013 at 03:25 AM.