Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Looking for new race car honda???

Old 03-01-2003 | 12:43 PM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

Originally posted by vbspec
OK I just drove my dads 88 CRX si up to the store for him. I havent driven this car in like 6 months. Someone please tell me that there is an EZ (bolt-on)way to get more torque ot of the 1.5 SOHC honda. I was at 4500 in first and droped it to the floor. And then ............nothing. I'm haveing second thoughts about getting rid of my SpecV. If I did that in my car I'd spin the tires. Oh well there have got to be a few things you can do to honda to give it a little more ass.
HAHAHAHAHAHA honda and torque?!? those words just do NOT go together. wait a second.. i drive a honda.. rats.
Old 03-01-2003 | 08:36 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Certain Prelude Si's (92-96) came with a 4 wheel steering option and had a pretty ballsy motor (160hp 156 flt/lbs torque) that might be a good starting place. Ludes are pretty heavy though.
Old 03-02-2003 | 09:52 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

sorry guys after posting on some of the other boards I think I'm sticking with the SpecV. I looked at an older issuse of SCC and they had all the specs on Honda engines. I know its possable to make them good class cars but I wanted to get something and not have to spend a lot of cash oh thanx for the posts
Old 03-02-2003 | 02:12 PM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

hey vbspec. im the guy with the all black crx that met you and your dad at the last pungo event.
ide say keep your nissan and get a crx si. strip it down like mine and do bolt ons. you can get good auto-x power from those motors without doing internal work.
Old 03-02-2003 | 03:39 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

My dad just ordered 5 way adjustable dampers, GC, and new sway bars. They should be here tomorrow. Tires are next for him he is getting Kumho Ecta V-700's but cant decide on the size. Either 13x7 or 15x7 inch rims. Then its engine stuff. And I will be able to drive his car all I want. So the Spec will stay.