Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lower my car for me - make some $$$

Old 08-22-2005, 03:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Lower my car for me - make some $$$

Just what I need.. One more idiot behind me with bright headlights who blinds me every time they hit the slightest bump in the road because they have a cheap suspension (or cut springs in this case) and their car bounces enough to make me sick.

Please.. for the rest of society.. fork up the money for a real suspension or invest in a bus pass or some other form of public transportation..
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

FST-LANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha... ok...

so, just for clarification, would my $530 adjustable struts and these $200 performance lowering springs qualify as "real suspension"? --Seriously though... These $200 springs are "good" springs, right? I really dont wanna be ripped off for a 3rd time...

-Andrew
Old 08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned

FST-LANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, this sucks big time.... I'm actually second guessing all of this and just thinking about re-selling my Tokico struts and getting my money back for those cheap-ole "lowering springs"...

Hmmmm.... Maybe I can just get a body kit to make it look lower... probably cheaper or about the same price..lol
Old 08-22-2005, 04:56 PM
04 M3

BzTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point

If you cut ur springs and get this "lower" affect im sure ur gona cut it down as low as u can..... but i just hope u know ur gona be beatin ur self to death everytime u drive it and then be buyin ur self new tires b.c ur camber is gona be all fucked up...just get the right shit...take ur time dont rush into things...go but this 2 inch drop springs.. kyb shocks, front and rear camber kit...get ur cars alligment done...and say LOOK MOM MY CAR IS LOW!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Don't cut your springs.
2. If you want a cheap way to lower your car, get Eibach's or Tein S's. Good quality springs for around $150 if you don't want to go with full coilovers. If you don't get good shocks to go with them like Koni's then your stock ones will probably last another year due to the extra compression.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24

you can PM me if you like. I have two maximas and have lowered both of them. I have lowered about 10 maximas total. The set up you got is a nice set up. The springs are fine and the struts are top of the line for a fourth gen maxima (assuming you got the ones you linked in the pics). You can contact me if you like I am not quite sure what problems you are having with broken bolts though. If you had a pic that would help. The struts you got are adjustable so you may want to reduce the dampining if the ride is too harsh for you. Just PM me if you need me to help you out.