Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ls with b16 pistons help?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackngoldIS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ls with b16 pistons help?

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
i tried building my LS with pr3 pistons about 4 years ago and had piston to valve issues when we clayed the head, the dome on the b16 piston was to high and was making contact, so unless the head/block i used was decked and milled prior to my owner ship, i had a PERSONAL experience with that setup, and it did not work, so when someone says"does this work" and i had issues then i say " no it doesn't

and on a side note, fuck your thoughts on this shit being a popularity contest, my rep on here has nothing to do with my knowledge, i work in a shop and we do engine builds/swaps/ custom builds, my knowledge expands further than the dumb shit people read on the internet because 95% of the car shit you read on the internet,(especially honda) is wrong, Ask More Impatient, he has seen the shop, and watched us build a car from a bare shell....not to sound cocky, but i do in fact know "a thing or two".
then youd also know to check the factory markers on a honda head to see that if it had been cut before or not.....
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by blackngoldIS
then youd also know to check the factory markers on a honda head to see that if it had been cut before or not.....
i know to check the points on the head for the service limit, and i know to check the service limits on the deck of the block, but if both have been milled and it does not put it at the service limit, then it doesn't raise suspicion. and like i said we attempted the build 4 years ago, but now out of interest i will be putting b16 pistons in one of the ls blocks we have at the shop and put it all together to see how it pans out
Old 11-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

i know to check the points on the head for the service limit, and i know to check the service limits on the deck of the block, but if both have been milled and it does not put it at the service limit, then it doesn't raise suspicion. and like i said we attempted the build 4 years ago, but now out of interest i will be putting b16 pistons in one of the ls blocks we have at the shop and put it all together to see how it pans out
word...did you check out the facebook link i posted its a good visual for this whole deal.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

word...did you check out the facebook link i posted its a good visual for this whole deal.
it says its unavailable.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

it says its unavailable.
O add me as a friend "Bryan Hofacker"
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

O add me as a friend "Bryan Hofacker"
which one are you? there are a few
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

let me give some details on it so youll know what your looking at I decked the block and cut the head all the way to the service markers put jdm b16a p30 pistons in it. port matched and poished the intake and exhaust and totally rebuit it. sounded like a diesel motor running but damn did it run.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

which one are you? there are a few
in richmond, va

i have short brown hair and a black shirt on in the pic
Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

b16 pistons will not work with stock ls motor UNLESS he is going ls-vtecAS FAR AS I KNOW BECAUSE i tried building my LS with pr3 pistons about 4 years ago and had piston to valve issues when we clayed the head, the dome on the b16 piston was to high and was making contact, so unless the head/block i used was decked and milled prior to my owner ship, i had a PERSONAL experience with that setup, and it did not work
FIXED.
Why not post all your experience first instead of announcing that something won't work?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Originally Posted by FObangah
FIXED.
Why not post all your experience first instead of announcing that something won't work?
Because he didn't ask to put personal experience, and i have done so many combos just to try shit out that if i posted all the dumb shit, you would be here for hours reading. i get your point, but just because someone says " i ran 20 lbs on my stock d15b non vtec, doesn't mean it worked right or even lasted.....

Quick Reply: Ls with b16 pistons help?