Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls turbo or ls vtec?????help

Old 02-17-2003, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icelarry27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ken
the hell are you talking about... honda didnt make a turbo motor either.. kinda a oxymoron..
THANK YOU!!!! everyone is like, if ls-vtec is so good why didn't honda already do it....they didnt make a turbo motor either but that doesnt stop anyone from turboing their car. Ls-vtec is like a better version of the gsr/type-r. Honda already had its "sporty" engine (type-r/gsr/si) so that left them no reason to make an ls-vtec or cr-vtec....but that doesn't make it a bad motor!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:33 PM
ken
UTRASP33D

ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken

or sell your ls motor and buy my type r motor
Old 02-18-2003, 04:27 AM
ubslow

YOUBSLOWVOLVO is an unknown quantity at this point

GO TURBO THE BETTER WAY TURBO=FAST IN A LS FUCK A VTEC
Old 02-18-2003, 05:25 AM
Banned

Dx Racer is an unknown quantity at this point

hey now im goin vtec turbo whats wrong with that dont hate cause im gonna be mopin up everyone o yea and brian LS TURBO its fast and we have one at the house. o yea yall what size do you think would be better for a stoc ls t25 or t3 given to fact that we already hav a t25 a the house
Old 02-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zappas
ls/vtec turbo is better....just ask Dave Norton.....this comments are wack about ls being better...
Your oppinion is not only un solidified but bias due to the fact that you drive a Turbo SI and its also not a B18, So in your case it maybe better for a turbo B16 but in the LS Vtec turbo Vs. LS/turbo the bottom end is plenty strong enough and as was said the about the "BUILT" comment, I agree but as also said who builds the motor after bolting on a turbo....Not many ppl who are just looking for street applications....So in this case the motor will never have to be built.....as for boostin an LS N-Vtec who redlines everytime they get in there car anyways, even if so as long as your not hitting the limiter everytime you take off from a stoplight or anything like that your gonna be fine.....The B18B can take as much abuse as the SR20DE N/A with a bolt on turbo and no "Builds"

Just my .02$
Old 02-18-2003, 06:12 PM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

dude check the rod to stroke on a b16or 18 vtec head...... matched with the displacement of the ls....(which is more than the other 1.8 liters) if youve got a bad r/s on a motor then your more valnerable to breaking stuff that costs allloott of money to fix. lsvtec is alot different than just matting parts and building "your own" engine. unless you plan on building the internals up ls/vtec is useless, it makes the life of your engine go down,
ls/turbo+ litewieght car+ good tuning+ hondata= 11's and 10's
Old 02-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by _burn_
if youve got a bad r/s on a motor then your more valnerable to breaking stuff that costs allloott of money to fix.
But, when you add a turbo to a stock motor that did not come with boost, you also make yourself more vulnerable.

Although, I do agree that a stock LS/Turbo can be more reliable than a stock LS/VTEC.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:18 PM
nip it in the bud

Originally posted by ken
the hell are you talking about... honda didnt make a turbo motor either.. kinda a oxymoron..
um.....you took me wrong man. but in responce..honda made a 1.8 liter vtec motors.. (with about 100 less cc displacement and a shorter stroke)
Old 02-18-2003, 06:22 PM
nip it in the bud

i dont plan on running boost thats gonna kill my motor until the insides built. and a well engineered turbo kit that might give ya about the same reliability issues as a stock ls/vtec (which i dont exactly agree with) i think im gonna make a litttttllleeeee bit more power with a snail bolted to my motor vs. a bright red vtec head
Old 02-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by _burn_
i think im gonna make a litttttllleeeee bit more power with a snail bolted to my motor vs. a bright red vtec head
I would hope so...and I'm not saying adding a turbo is bad all, just trying to counter-argue.

Quick Reply: ls turbo or ls vtec?????help