Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls vtec is ghey

Old 04-04-2008, 09:44 AM
NA No V-tec D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ls vtec is ghey

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
By the way, with any OBD1 ECU, you can disable the knock sensor in the tuning software, then you won't get a CEL or have any limp home mode problems. It doesn't sound like you've actually had the car tuned, and you've got a fairly extensive mod list, so you should go get it tuned before you complain about it not running right.
i agree, but the only thing that he didnt do was check the jumper harness!!! make sure the cyp/cyl/tdc sensors inputs are correct to the ecm, if all thats good then someone needs to upload another bin file, sounds corrupt, who tuned it? oh nevermind....
Old 04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

I agree with Fabrik8. When the OP mentioned it was untuned, that was the first thing that popped into my head.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

dude your a "jack of all trades" whats the problem

p.s. last time i checked all untuned ls/vtecs ran awesome.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

eglsvtec has disabled reputation

i converted a 0bd1 z6 into a ef8,& had this problem,...i spent weeks frustrated with it,..& when i was getting ready to pull it back out i found a vacumn leak around the IM,..& fixed it & the car runs like a dream
Old 04-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered member

Tim-Tim can only hope to improve

thanks for the replies i would have got it tuned but everything has only 120 miles on it. the motor isnt even broke in yet. this is my d.d. and im not trying to blow the shit up. but yea its a ls vtec so itll blow up anyway. would you get it tuned with only 100 miles on the motor? im starting to regret the day i took my plain ol ls out.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by donhohos
had dyno inc put a base map on it so i can drive the car.
i found the problem
Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by donhohos
thanks for the replies i would have got it tuned but everything has only 120 miles on it. the motor isnt even broke in yet. this is my d.d. and im not trying to blow the shit up. but yea its a ls vtec so itll blow up anyway. would you get it tuned with only 100 miles on the motor? im starting to regret the day i took my plain ol ls out.
your motor needs to be tuned from startup. Having the proper fuel mixture is essential on a freshly built motor. Run it too rich or too lean and you can seriously mess up the pistons and cylinder walls. The engine should be ran hard from startup to ensure that it properly seats the rings.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered member

Tim-Tim can only hope to improve

recommend any good shops on a budget then?

also running like complete ass is normal on a untuned motor? when i did my ls everyting was plug and play and the motor ran great til the day i took it out.

Last edited by Tim-Tim; 04-05-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

see my sig

If the tune is off yes a motor can run like complete poo. Sometimes basemaps run the car alright and sometimes the car will barely even run.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

flacopower

^ ummmm you have no sig