Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls vtec is ghey

Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ls vtec is ghey

Originally Posted by flacopower
^ ummmm you have no sig
And you have no eyesight. The sig is only displayed once per person per page. Scroll up two posts and you'll see his sig. Feel better now?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

flacopower

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
And you have no eyesight. The sig is only displayed once per person per page. Scroll up two posts and you'll see his sig. Feel better now?
that's the dumbest shit ever..

Now that I have seen your sig I gotta say its some pretty impressive shit. That has to be the highest numbers I have ever seen on a stock SOHC... Its too bad you are in Richmond because I am up in Maryland and I need someone to tune my car

Last edited by flacopower; 04-06-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

inboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond reputeinboost has a reputation beyond repute

if ur in maryland why dont u go to tempist racing . joe simpson is one of the best honda tuners IMO,hes tuned a stock sleeve SOHC turbo and on a SC61 its making like 461 whp
Old 04-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

flacopower

^ pricing is insane and he doesn't do uber or chrome (per website)
Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flacopower
^ pricing is insane and he doesn't do uber or chrome (per website)
Pricing looked quite fair to me!
He's only charging $150/3 hrs to street tune the car?????
Are you insane? Go to your local shop, and have them install parts on the car, and it'll cost you a lot more than that.... To the tune of $80-120/hr, depending on shop.

And, it specifically states he does Crome.

As for the Dyno portion, he's charging you for his time, with specialized equipment, and knowledge he's providing, to get the most out of your setup, plus the actual dyno fees. As best I can tell, that equates to $75/hr, plus dyno time - If you go to a shop, and have any diagnostics done, as soon as they hook up their computer, it's an hour, at almost what he charges for 2......Again, seems quite fair to me!

Where do you get off saying he's expensive. Find me someone else who can tune at a professional level, that will do it for that price. Name me ONE!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Name me ONE!
I believe he was talking about Tempest Racing, which was referred to in the post directly above his, hence the ^. Shue has great prices, Tempest is quite a bit more.

http://www.tempestracing.net/dynotuning.html
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

lol this thread is getting confusing. Joe is a great tuner as well and if you are closer to his area he isn't a bad choice.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

I'm blind this morning
Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered member

Tim-Tim can only hope to improve

so ive got a bad tune? it that everyones opinion then?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by donhohos
so ive got a bad tune? it that everyones opinion then?
No.

You got a bad basemap. A tune and a basemap are two totally different things.

Donhohos. I'd recommend Matt to you man. He's never done any of my friends wrong.