Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

macco paint??

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:45 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

Jess I can take the pix and put them on the computer for ya don't worry i had planned on taking some anyway.....lol......and from what I saw sprayed, the body shop she is talking about does an awesome job.
Old 02-11-2003 | 08:20 AM
*~*Jessica*~*

Cosmopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 1slowCRX
Jess I can take the pix and put them on the computer for ya don't worry i had planned on taking some anyway.....lol......and from what I saw sprayed, the body shop she is talking about does an awesome job.
thanks brian!!! i love you!! hey we can take them tomorrow, or today!!! whenever is good for you! oh my gosh, it looks so good brian, you dont even know!!! ummm, Imola Orange, its so nice!!!
Old 02-11-2003 | 08:24 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

I'd get a VTECnology Krylon special before I went to Maaco.
Old 02-11-2003 | 08:32 AM
*~*Jessica*~*

Cosmopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO, chris did do a better job then macco would of!!!
Old 02-11-2003 | 12:20 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nates95Accord
so the body shop your friend works at charges for buffing? thats plain out bullshit....and ridiculous. So he's charging the customer for his fuck ups pretty much? (orange peel, trash, runs etc etc) whatever mistakes that would give reason for someone to buff something out.
Nate I need a job got any positions open over at your shop?.......

PS. Hes got a good point if you charge to fix something that you broke would you be doing your job or ripping the customer off?
I can see where they would charge for labor though you have to charge for labor of anything you do, becasue there allways will be orange peel, trash, but not runs unless you cant paint.....But as said before look for shit like that cause if your not satisfied they'll never tell you its gonna cost you extra to get it buffed its just part of the job and any shop who doesnt buff everything they do is pretty shitty in my eyes, buffing is not only for getting rid of trash and O/P its also for protection as with Finesse II......JMO
Old 02-12-2003 | 04:04 AM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Shinobi
Nate I need a job got any positions open over at your shop?.......

PS. Hes got a good point if you charge to fix something that you broke would you be doing your job or ripping the customer off?
I can see where they would charge for labor though you have to charge for labor of anything you do, becasue there allways will be orange peel, trash, but not runs unless you cant paint.....But as said before look for shit like that cause if your not satisfied they'll never tell you its gonna cost you extra to get it buffed its just part of the job and any shop who doesnt buff everything they do is pretty shitty in my eyes, buffing is not only for getting rid of trash and O/P its also for protection as with Finesse II......JMO
hmm, i rarely get orange peel UNless i dont take my time prepping. Dupont makes an application enhancer i use in my clear also.
Old 02-12-2003 | 10:20 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nates95Accord
hmm, i rarely get orange peel UNless i dont take my time prepping. Dupont makes an application enhancer i use in my clear also.
We used Diamont paint, and Limco(sp) clear that should tell the story there.......

Edit: Do you use the new Dupont static gaurd? was reading it in some flyer we got from Dupont about less friction in your clear makes for less trash in a horrible down draft booth (OR cross draft).......
Old 03-02-2003 | 08:24 AM
before you were here

caeavesRSX-S has disabled reputation

I let macco paint a spoiler, which was off the car already, and they still missed about a half inch area on the back side (visible side) of both legs. They said bring it back once it was on the car and they would fix it then. Fuck that. I took my loss and ran. We have a guy in Richmond/Midlothian area who works at Whitlow Chevrolet and he does awesome work. He has primered a bunch of pieces on my civic and did a full repair and paint on the RSX from where some punk kids shot it with a pellet gun and then my roomate backed it into a wall when I left for vacation.
Anyone interested call Shawn at Whitlow Chevrolet on Midlothian Trnpk.
Old 03-02-2003 | 09:25 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

I got my old car repainted there. When I got my car back, they had painted on some of the trim and my sunroof was stuck shut.