Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
These days you can tune for these things much better than when I had nitrous.
That must have been a really long time ago, because D-series Honda tuning hasn't changed much in at least a decade or more....
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That must have been a really long time ago, because D-series Honda tuning hasn't changed much in at least a decade or more....
Actually I was spraying a few months before I met you (coming up on 10 years ago) and had you chipping p28's for me after switching to b-series lol. I sprayed the stock motor in my del sol for about a year. Back then not alot of people had hondata at least that i knew of. I had never heard of a wide band at that point. It was all EGT's, FMU's and FPR's. I think since then they have solenoids that you can program to regulate nitrous to act like boost. Basically setting how much nitrous at what rpm in each gear. Things like that for example make nitrous alot safer.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered member

jakethesnake110 has disabled reputation

well thanks guys, seems as if nitrous isnt the way to get a lil extra fun outa my shitty 1.5
Old 04-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
well thanks guys, seems as if nitrous isnt the way to get a lil extra fun outa my shitty 1.5
Amateurs dont use Nitrous Oxide, you'll blow yourself to pieces!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

you'll blow your eye out, kid.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Originally Posted by Dillweed
Amateurs dont use Nitrous Oxide, you'll blow yourself to pieces!
His car topped out at 35mph this morning, he's gonna need 2 of the big bottles by friday night.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Install a 300 shot and put a rosary on the rear view. Lemme know how it turns out.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Tenderheart bear.

Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy Juice Box Boy

youre gonna need to stock up on vtak fluid as well.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
Not talking shit to you, but you obviously have zero experience with spraying a honda motor so I would keep your opinions of what's "cool" to yourself, if you know what I'm saying.

An engine is an engine and the reason people put nitrous on a d-series is the same reason a redneck puts nitrous on an LS1. And if you think d-series only purpose is to get 40mpg then go talk to the thousands of people making 300+ hp out of them with minimal money dropped into them.

A d-series is a great motor for whatever you want to do with it, all I'm saying is in stock form he's going to run into issues with too big of a shot. The d-series valves have less inconel/less material in them than the b-series valves so they can't resist very high cylinder temps for an extended period of time. I'm all for nitrous, back in the day a dry 50 shot turned my 16 second car into a 13 second car for a couple hundred dollars. Just make sure if you are going to spray to build the motor for what you are doing. If he wants a stock d-series with nitrous then a dry 35 or wet 50 shot is as far as I would go. These days you can tune for these things much better than when I had nitrous. Also, he can still keep his 40mpg's with the bottle off.

And btw, you can still drive to Walmart with a chipped valve
I didn't mean to quote your post. Honda didn't design D series engines to make power. I don't give a fuck what 17 year old kid thinks, that's just not what it was designed to do. I had a d series, didn't even bother fucking with it. I'm not saying you CAN'T make power with them, but it's not that practical. Dudes making 300+ whp in a d series aren't asking should they spray on one. Get what I'm saying? And this dude obviously doesn't know what he's doing so he doesn't really need to be adding a flammable gas into an engine, that's looking for trouble.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag

So many myths in this thread, Nitrous by itself is not flammable, It just helps the combustion proses of the fuel. It does not hurt the motor! Improper tunning hurts the motor.

The safest way to keep that 40-45 mpg and make more power is to spray the motor plain and simple.

Op if you want real info on spraying your car, heres a writeup http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html

Quick Reply: Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>