Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini me swap vs Z6

Old 12-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: Mini me swap vs Z6

Originally Posted by JDM PANDA
look a mini me swap can be fast if you know what ur doing my brothers mini me was able to hang wit b seires if you do d15b7 block with a d16z6 head and an ex tranny then you got a good mini me swap and thats what im about to do so say what you want but ill tell you how it turns out
doesnt the d15 provide a somewhat longer stroke than the d16? and i recall something about being able to take higher revs. unfortunately for a long time no one made h beam rods for the d15, but now in the past few years this has changed. with that said the d15 block in a mini me would put out better than your average y7 mini....i had forgotten all about this until you mentioned it. which brings another thought...lol and this is just an idea to be thrown out there to the op. if you decide to go FI and want to remain single cam you should look into the f series SOHC engines. they are cheap and recently have a bit more aftermarket support than in the previous years and where sleeved from the factory....sleeves= good when boosting.

imo: its still pissing in the wind without boost...but im bias and feel that everything needs boost
Old 12-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
or

be a pussy and go b-series
Originally Posted by Captain Slow
without reducing urself to the mundane repetitive b-series faggotry that plagues 90% of honda owners....

...or be like everyone else and put a whored out b16 in it?

I love that attitude. Don't be like everyone else and put a better performing engine in it. That's stupid. Engine swaps are played out.

Seriously, if you want to do a D16 build, do it because it's what you want to do. Don't do it because it's the hero thing to do because you're afraid D16 fanboys will call you a sellout because you did a swap. I don't know why D-series people have such a complex about trying to make everyone feel bad for not wanting a D-series. You're really fucked if you buy a car with a B-series in it, like an Integra, because then you'll be hated no matter what. That is, unless you swap a D-series into it. But then they'll probably hate you for doing an engine swap. See how retarded this entire situation is....? Hero worship of the underdog is pointless.

There's also people who will think you're an idiot for putting a turbo kit on it too, but do you really care what other people think about what you're doing to your car...?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-26-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

yea im insanely...INSANELY bias...its pretty damn obvious. in the end only one truth remains, its still a honda and eventually it will get boring.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
last breath first

gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup

I will say this, I have owned both single and dual cam motors before. I had nothing with problems with my lsvtec hatch. I have been driving my ef sedan with a jdm d15b swap for years, and I also have a jdm zc in my del sol which have never let me down. So d series motors have made a name for themselves to me with reliability.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

grant90 has disabled reputation

I've already been B-series, I had one swapped at a shop and things went down hill from there so I'm going back to a d-series. I just need something that's going to last until I get out of college. I have no plans on modding the d-series engine, I was just concerned w/ how reliable this mini swap is.