Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Motor Cuttin Right off

Old 12-25-2006, 12:09 AM
やくざに成りたい

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atmdc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Motor Cuttin Right off

check ecu, and also dizzy, thats what it sounds like to me if you got the crank angle code
Old 12-25-2006, 06:39 AM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atmdc
check ecu, and also dizzy, thats what it sounds like to me if you got the crank angle code

if your throwing that code you obviously are not running a non OBD ecu!?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

FastPrelude420 has disabled reputation

its a pr4 ecu
Old 12-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

check to see if map and tps sensor plugs are switched. I'm willing to bet on that.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wisepanda
if your throwing that code you obviously are not running a non OBD ecu!?
Do you know what you are talking about. NON-OBD ecu's still through codes. The have a light on the ECU itself that will flash your code. Ok you can now stop giving advice.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
check to see if map and tps sensor plugs are switched. I'm willing to bet on that.
Already went and looked at it, no difference. Just got worse. That theory is down the drain. That harness has been hacked into so many times someone even fucked with the TPS wires? He's running an obd-1 injector resistor box, obd-1 repined dizzy, obd-0 pr4 ls ecu..
Old 12-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

You should have seen the harness when I first started working on it. haha. Yesh the harness is extremely hacked up. My first advice to him was to get a new harness. We word on the car for 4 days trying to fix the harness til we found out that the motor was shot. Stripped block for the head bolts. He said he got a new harness, but from the sounds of things, he didn't.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 PM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

well i did not think that a pr4 would throw a crank angle code, i thought only obd1 and up threw that particular code. maybe i was wrong sorry
Old 12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

Yes it will still throw the same codes as obd1. Next time dont try to sound like you know what you are talking about using words like obviously.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:21 PM
got some fake hp

i am aware that it will still "through" codes

Quick Reply: Motor Cuttin Right off