Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Motor Cuttin Right off

Old 12-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motor Cuttin Right off

Originally Posted by SlowLS
You should have seen the harness when I first started working on it. haha. Yesh the harness is extremely hacked up. My first advice to him was to get a new harness. We word on the car for 4 days trying to fix the harness til we found out that the motor was shot. Stripped block for the head bolts. He said he got a new harness, but from the sounds of things, he didn't.
Haha, Im making a new harness now. With Obd-0 injector harness/resistor box, no more hacked tps ect ect. The car is rediculously hacked in wiring. I like the seats though
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wisepanda
i am aware that it will still "through" codes
Originally Posted by wisepanda
if your throwing that code you obviously are not running a non OBD ecu!?
You sure?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

Originally Posted by 89sihatch
Haha, Im making a new harness now. With Obd-0 injector harness/resistor box, no more hacked tps ect ect. The car is rediculously hacked in wiring. I like the seats though
Good luck. I would also suggest money up front.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:32 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Do you know what you are talking about. NON-OBD ecu's still through codes. The have a light on the ECU itself that will flash your code. Ok you can now stop giving advice.
You sure?
Jesus. Someone can't mix up their words now-a-days?

He was just tryin' to help you don't have to stab him down.

I for one do not understand this OBD-0 bullshit. I always talk to Tim(wisepanda) about this shit.

Also, I didn't know a obd-1 car will throw a CRANK ANGLE CODE. Fill me in on how though. Actually, it's code 4. And it's inside the distribtor(sp? lol.) Not the crank.

Thanks John.

Last edited by Jarrod; 12-25-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

slowciv91 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FastPrelude420
now we finally got with wiring good and its throwing no codes on my LS in a Crx Dx. Now it will start right up everytime then shut off after like 2 seconds. If you try to rev it up its all choppy and wont rev then bogs out and its off. My friend helping thinks it might be a vaccum leak but the motor just came out of running car so what could it be to make it to that. Its throwing no codes and a i got good fuel and spark
sell the car
Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Jesus. Someone can't mix up their words now-a-days?

He was just tryin' to help you don't have to stab him down.

I for one do not understand this OBD-0 bullshit. I always talk to Tim(wisepanda) about this shit.

Also, I didn't know a obd-1 car will throw a CRANK ANGLE CODE. Fill me in on how though. Actually, it's code 4. And it's inside the distribtor(sp? lol.) Not the crank.

Thanks John.
Sorry. I just hate when people spit out useless advice about something they don't know about. Or just repeat something they thought they heard someone else say. Didn't mean to be a big dick about it, just came out that way.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

either replace the harness, or make a honda-tech account. You will need to get some pinouts and a multimeter and start from scratch...

another question... is your exhaust connected? I have seen an exhaust so restrictive it wouldnt allow the car to rev above like 4k rpm and the more restricted the exhaust, I am sure the shittier the car will run... Try opening your DP just because it is so easy and it will eliminate one possibile cause ... I doubt this is the problem, but it is easy enough to where I would try it anyways...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 AM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

its cool either way my car runs fine. why is it called crank angle if its in the dizzy? crank timing and cam timing is completely different? they are related yet different. someone educate me
Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

FastPrelude420 has disabled reputation

I put a good battery in the crx and started it same thing as before wanting to cut off and idle crazy wont rev so i contiuned on the gas like u did and same thing after u keep giving it gas for a min it will stay running but same as before wont rev and shaking and stuff and sounding liek misfire or something. i moved it outside and i let it run for a couple mins now i got more ecu codes. It gave me a code 3, 14, and a 9 (map sensor, Iac Sensor, Cps,) I dont know what to do im still going to try a another dizzy but what else could it be?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

make sure your plug wires are in the right firing order. Once you get it running pull 1 plug wire off at the spark plug and see if the motor cuts off or runs different. If it does not change, then you are not getting spark or fuel to the cylender. If it is a misfire, easiest way to tell which cylinder it is coming from.